• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

.300 blackout subs for SBR with LIL GUN / H110

Aimsmall55

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 23, 2010
Madison, Ms
I was wondering if anybody had any data for a 208 amax for a sbr using a 208 amax and lil gun. Seems like I found a decent starting point at 6.6 grains at 2.240" oal but I shot it the other day and I swear it was breaking the sound barrier. Using a SAS ARBITER suppressor. I know it's 296 is what most people are using but I've got plenty of lil gun and h110.

I actually did some very minor initial testing with the 208 ELD-M (new version of Amax) and Lil Gun out of my 10.5" 300blk SBR for subs. I only tested 8.4g and 8.6g and they were subsonic. In the 1050 area over a MS V3. I have not done any further testing as I picked up some AA1680 which is the go to 300blk sub powder everyone uses. I was waiting for some to get back in stock which is why I tested Lil Gun and it did work. Required retuning my gas block from my 125TMK.H110 supers load to cycle fully.

I saw some reports of guys saying they feed reilably at 2.20" or around there and others that say they load them to 2.265". When I did my testing I loaded them to 2.12" and would have tested them longer if I did a round 2 of testing.

Last edited:
H110 9.0-10.0 gr 208 amax 2.251" oal out of a 10.5" barrel will get you right around 1000- 1050fps depending on your particular rifle and primers used...

Never had much luck with H110 or 296 due to wide variation in velocity. Those loads are really light too and leave a lot of the case empty which doesn't help consistency either. Is there any reason you can't go out and buy an appropriate powder for the round? Using what you have on hand seems like its saving you money but it really ends up costing you in the end. H110 is an excellent and accurate powder when its used in something that allows a full case and high enough pressure for consistent burn like the 475 linebaugh but its really crap in the low density loading subsonics. AA1680, 2400, 4227 VV N110 and a number of others seem to offer much better accuracy and consistency as well as lower sound levels. The VV powder might be harder to find or more expensive but the others aren't.

As for the Lil'gun. I used it in supersonic loadings with light bullets like the 110gr plinkers and 125gr spire points and it was fanstastic. I got much better velocity than with a lot of the other powders and accuracy didn't suffer too much from the short bullets with long jumps. We tried it once in a subsonic load and got a stuck bullet. I think its a bit on the slow side for subs.

I don't shoot the little 300 much anymore but found 2400 to be one of the best for accuracy and noise. I've been using a lot of the AA1680 in the 338 BR and the 12.7 X 48 with great results.

Frank

Frank, I found my load that is shooting great. 7.6 H110 with a 208 amax and SSA brass seated at 2.250" which is my Pmag oal. I'm shooting a 10 1/2" bbl Seekins upper. It's feeding reliably and is putting down 2" groups at about 65 yards. Which is plenty good enough for me as I don't plan on shooting any deer or pigs past that range.

Oh and I'm also using the A&D FX120i scale with its trickler. It REALLY KEEPS THINGS VERY CONSISTENT!

Attachments

• photo53694.jpg
    photo53694.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 35
  • photo53697.png
    photo53697.png
    111.3 KB · Views: 27