• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

300 BLK bolt load data?

rifledoc

Private
Minuteman
Dec 2, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Got a 16 inch bolt im looking to reload for, what's the latest data? I see a lot of SBR data on here, maybe I'm missing the longer rifle bolt data?

The world most open ended question so I’ll start with as basic as it can get: sub or super?

Supersonic. 110 Barnes bullet to be exact. R700, 16 inch barrel, shoot almost everything with a can but subsonic doesn't have the knockdown power I want. Used h1000 powder in the past (and thankfully still have some)

For the supersonic 110s, lil gun, h110, w296, rl7 imr4227 or similar tends to do very well.

For subs and cast bullet quiet loads, the bolt gun really shines. A light 90xtp and trail boss, red dot, American select, unique etc are much quieter ways of doing it since you don't have to run the ar15 gas system with a ton of gas.

The 300 Blackout I loaded was a stiff dose of H110 behind a 120 Barnes tipped bullet. Hell on Whitetails and the bullets are in stock at Midsouth currently.

The 300 Blackout I loaded was a stiff dose of H110 behind a 120 Barnes tipped bullet. Hell on Whitetails and the bullets are in stock at Midsouth currently.
I am rocking the 110gr Barnes and the deer are responding appropriately (DRT). What is a stiff load in your world?

19 grains of H110 behind a 120 Tac-tx. Cci 450 safe in my gun may not be in yours reduce and work up

This seems to be the ticket

Attachments

• 300-aac-blackout-03052018.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 252