• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

300 BLK subsonic at 1 mile

I really figured it would take more tries than it did.

That's a really cool accomplishment. It's smiliar to shooting a pistol like a 10mm or a powerful magnum handgun to a mile. It's only 1050fps folks and it's on video and it looks real, the excitement looks real also. I remember the first PRS match I ever went to we were supposed to shoot out handguns over this canyon at a target that was 150 yards away lol! I just remember thinking to myself, "I thought this was a rifle match?" as I was trying to pick up my little 9mm bullet coming out of my little handgun going like 900fps. I remember aiming what I thought was about 30 feet over the target (it was just a guess) and I didn't see shit. I thought to myself "how far do I need to aim this fucker over the target to hit it at 150 yards." I had 10 chances; I didnt see anything worth a shit. Props to the dude hitting a target at 1 mile wit a bullet flying 1050fps. Pretty bad ass IMO.

Sometimes it's fun to be a kid and try something ridiculous. A couple years back we were shooting out to 1k and someone brought up Jerry Miculek's 1k 9mm shot. So we all tried until we ran out of 9mm. 8 or 12 rounds a piece cause none of us planned on shooting pistols and all we had was our carry loads. Good times. I would absolutely try my 300BO pistol at our rifle range!

Reactions: edlin_79
You should think that over a bit.

The bullet goes subsonic 1000 yards with 2000 yards to go.

That's awesome stuff, even if it did take him 5 shots to get there. That bullet still had quite a bit of force hitting that target. I just looked at my calculator, that bullet dropped almost 1000 feet before it hit that target. That's crazy awesome!

Id be happy just to have a range near by to be able to shoot 1 mile let alone 3000 yards but how sweet it would be .

Reactions: edlin_79
Id be happy just to have a range near by to be able to shoot 1 mile let alone 3000 yards but how sweet it would be .
I feel ya. I live on the west side of the cascades and I gotta drive 4-5 hours for a place. After retirement though I'm moving to the Phoenix area and there is plenty out there.

Living in Florida is tough for long range. The only range I have near me is 500 yards. There is a 1300 yard range an hour away, still not exactly ELR

Reactions: Romeo458
Living in Florida is tough for long range. The only range I have near me is 500 yards. There is a 1300 yard range an hour away, still not exactly ELR
Iowa too. We have a 1000 near by, and 850 available on family land but thanks to family politics we don't go there any more. I need to move.

Iowa too. We have a 1000 near by, and 850 available on family land but thanks to family politics we don't go there any more. I need to move.
I was stationed in Washington state at one point. That’s what got me into the long range game. Had ample opportunities to take 1 mile+ shots.

It helps to have the bullet fairy bless the projectile before shooting anything past 1000 yards.

c262f6b657cde7cf2298108a43a4ee99.jpg

So if a 300 Blackout subsonic can go a mile and a 308 can go 3k yards than I guess my 375CT would be good for 9k yards...LOL
I shoot over 3k at matches with my best being 4 out of 8 at 3080.

Reactions: culater
That settles it. I'm putting a leaf site off an m79 on my 16" 45/70 and going for a mile.

Reactions: Badfinger
Not any more since JTAC opened- 2000 yards, in Polk County. Membership ain't cheap- but it's an amazing place to shoot ELR.
No RSO's up your ass- shooters self-police.

Manatee Gun Club went to shit years ago.

There's also a place in the Leesburg area if you're up further north, name escapes me...

EDIT didn't see #33 above...