• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

300 Norma Mag

One quick test at 385 today on the load from two posts above. Only four shots. Looks like it is holding up though right at a half minute or so for all the grouos so far. I dialed 1.3 and still hit a touch high (measured scope height is 2.9"). Perhaps this is doing a touch better than the 300WM - velocities I was suspecting with only 82gr H1000.

Either way, I'll shoot it at 655 in the next week or two to finalize as well as true velocity. If it stays the same, I'll load the rest of my buddy's components up for him and call it good.

20240222_174410.jpg

Reactions: Balor
I've been messing around with the Berger 215 Hybrid Target and H1000 but in the improved version of the 300 NM. A ten shot group averaged 3135 fps ES 9.5 and SD 4.1. This was down a 30 inch barrel and a charge of 87.5.

Since I couldn't find much info on 245's and H1000 I figured I'd post up some results to help others who may be interested in that combo. This was from a remington varmint contour 8 twist 28" long on a lightweight hunting rifle.
norma 2.jpg

Groups and speeds are acceptable for a hunting setup. Didn’t play with seating depth or charge.
IMG_4193.jpeg
IMG_4191.jpeg

Reactions: BCX
I ran those in a 17 twist 300wsm. Pretty quick too. I would try them in a Norma with a real slow twist