• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

300 PRC update

From a 30” barrel running 81gr of N570 Im
bw 2930 - 2960 given varying conditions. So pretty good in my book! :)
That is impressive. I run my 32" SM at 2975. I've got room to go up but I was happy with that speed.
EDIT: That's actually the same charge I'm running also.

Last edited:
Wow there is an overwhelming amount of info on this page!
just starting to reload for 300prc. Wanting to load 230 & 250 atips and 245 Bergers
It’s time for a new barrel, so my question is freebore. What reamer should I be going with?
I’m sure the answer is already in here somewhere, but I don’t think I can read through 106 pages lol

Thank you guys in advance

Last edited:
Hey All! I got lowlight to pin a thread in the reloading forum for 300 PRC loads. I had thrown out the idea of just renaming this one and moving to there but I think having a clean place just in reloading was the thought w pinning the thread there. Anyways would love some reload data over yonder! Cheers.
This thread should be edited into the OP for reference.

Reactions: Taylorbok
I am posting some reloading stuff on Rumble. I am working up 198 PVA solids with N565 and making another batch of my goto 220ELDX with 7828SSC. Not the best videos, but better than posting on the YT... I guess my main question that I have right now is will a neck thickness of 0.0135" have any noticeable difference from the brass that was turned to 0.0145"(ish)? It seems that I turned these in two different batches/settings. Would you advise going back to the thicker necks and turn them down to match the thin ones as well or would it be a waste of time?
I did forget to mention how to determine what size bushing to get or how to measure the overall neck tension (bullet diameter + neck thickness x2). I'm looking for a good quick and easy way to describe that in the next video, any tips please feel free to share.

-Spew the pew and press or cry like the rest...

I am posting some reloading stuff on Rumble. I am working up 198 PVA solids with N565 and making another batch of my goto 220ELDX with 7828SSC. Not the best videos, but better than posting on the YT... I guess my main question that I have right now is will a neck thickness of 0.0135" have any noticeable difference from the brass that was turned to 0.0145"(ish)? It seems that I turned these in two different batches/settings. Would you advise going back to the thicker necks and turn them down to match the thin ones as well or would it be a waste of time?
I did forget to mention how to determine what size bushing to get or how to measure the overall neck tension (bullet diameter + neck thickness x2). I'm looking for a good quick and easy way to describe that in the next video, any tips please feel free to share.

Only tip is don’t get discouraged if they are .7 groups.

A few of us have played with the 30 cal PVA and none of us have found them to be .5 at 100

The 6mm shot little knots but the 30’s don’t
seem to group that tight in several different chambers

If you figure I’ll be haunting you for info

Reactions: newageroman

Make all your necks the same for consistency sake.
For bushing You can measure wall thickness, then double it and add to bullet diameter, after that subtract how much interference you want. If using this method I typically err on the small side just incase my measurement was a touch big.

Or, measure a loaded round and subtract the interference you want