• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

300 PRC update

@cjs88 yes....anything less than say 1500 is really a waste of money to shoot the A-Tips. The 225 ELD'M's are great.
Awesome. Can’t wait for my rifle to be built. Just sent taxes off to be done so hopefully we’ll get a good amount that my split will worth while.

hopefully...I got my taxes back already...and spent it before it was barely in my bank account....on a ZCO 5x27 scope....for the 300PRC.

Reactions: b6graham
Both will work fine. My first PRC was a 9.4. Since, have two 10 twists and another 9. I notice no difference. But Im not shooting 250s and Im also at 6000ft here.
I'm at like 300 elevation or whatever San Antonio is lol.

I'm at like 300 elevation or whatever San Antonio is lol.

Even in the very worst conditions I can think for San Antonio. 0 ft elevation. 0 degrees F. And even at a slower 2800 fps with a 230gr pill is still fully stable. This is with a 9.4 twist.

So either 9.4 or 9 work for you. And about 99.9999% of people out there a 9.4 is plenty for the 230s.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200223-104141_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20200223-104141_Samsung Internet.jpg
    167.9 KB · Views: 66
Even in the very worst conditions I can think for San Antonio. 0 ft elevation. 0 degrees F. And even at a slower 2800 fps with a 230gr pill is still fully stable. This is with a 9.4 twist.

So either 9.4 or 9 work for you. And about 99.9999% of people out there a 9.4 is plenty for the 230s.
What app is that?

Defiance...check....Bartlein...check...

Trigger...many good ones...I prefer TriggerTech...others don't like the price....or the TriggerTech 2 stage Diamond isn't out yet....

Suppressor....does that 2400 include threading for muzzlebrake/Suppressor?

Cadex Chassis....check

Get you a nice Atlas Bipod....

You cerakoting the barreled action?

You should be good to go....now what about glass?

Reactions: rockin randy
I’m hoping to put together a 300PRC this year. Unfortunately I won’t have the budget for an AI so I’m looking hard at the Origin action. I’m open on the barrel maker but it’ll be a 24” 9 twist. I’m researching budget options for stocks. The KRG Bravo is where I’m currently leaning. Trigger will be a 2 stage and glass will likely be a 27x razor.

Now I just wish the money tree would start blooming.

uh-oh.... @Luvman has been hanging out with me and got bitten by the 300PRC bug. I don't know if there really is a cure for it. It is an expensive disease. Was it the 6.2mils at 1000 yards that got ya? Or was it the 13.8mils to 1600 yards that got ya thinking?

Next thing you know...you'll have the reloading bug...and that can get really expensive ;)

I’m hoping to put together a 300PRC this year. Unfortunately I won’t have the budget for an AI so I’m looking hard at the Origin action. I’m open on the barrel maker but it’ll be a 24” 9 twist. I’m researching budget options for stocks. The KRG Bravo is where I’m currently leaning. Trigger will be a 2 stage and glass will likely be a 27x razor.

Badrock Southfork is alot of rifle the money, worth a look imho....

Reactions: camotoe and Luvman

Check out Xcaliber you can get a prefit for little over $300

Reactions: camotoe and Luvman
So I priced out a Defiance deviant action , Bartelin barrel 24” with a 1/9 twist comes to about 2400. Than would need trigger (not sure what’s recommended) and I can’t live without a Cadex chassis (have one on my TIKKA) and I love it.
assuming with my Sandman L is ok up to 300 WM? If I read that correctly? Any advice onmy plan? It’s not set in stone. Thanks in advance.

Dead Air told me that key-mo has not been tested and therefore is not rated for 300 PRC. Now this was in May ‘19 so maybe something has changed.

I know that area419 has a key-mo compatible adapter now so that is always an option to run the sandman series though I would consult DA.

Reactions: Cheeseburger1976
I use a sectioned case to determine how much chamfer to put on the end of my chambers. I like to make them generous, but not if it will compromise safety.

The hornady PRC has a very meaty case head.
3683974E-CC9F-41CB-A7C9-33B13347CB21.jpeg
6BD7B961-DE56-4F12-A8BD-D97E6A1F3763.jpeg
6C943721-03D0-4853-9699-892600D5E3E0.jpeg

My personal brass has 7 firings on it, and still going strong.

Last edited:

300 PRC KRG

Attachments

• 0E30BE7A-8D98-4E97-A110-887E9C0481E3.jpeg
    0E30BE7A-8D98-4E97-A110-887E9C0481E3.jpeg
    568.5 KB · Views: 90
  • Love
Reactions: Luvman and b2lee
Anyone get their ADG 300 PRC brass in hand yet? I thought what I bought was 'in stock'...after being on a waiting list. Now, I'm told it was shipped this week from ADG to the reseller and then.....they'll turn around and send to me.....maybe by friday....maybe.

I have a feeling it will be next week before I receive it. I got to work all this weekend...but I intend on going to a short range for load development with the new brass Monday. If anyone gets some brass and testing done before that...I'd like to know the water capacity of fireformed brass and their starting loads.

I need to get a few hundred ADG brass dialed in and ready for some 1mile paper matches this year....and the typical ELR Steel stuff.

Reactions: LakuNoc
Anyone get their ADG 300 PRC brass in hand yet? I thought what I bought was 'in stock'...after being on a waiting list. Now, I'm told it was shipped this week from ADG to the reseller and then.....they'll turn around and send to me.....maybe by friday....maybe.

I have a feeling it will be next week before I receive it. I got to work all this weekend...but I intend on going to a short range for load development with the new brass Monday. If anyone gets some brass and testing done before that...I'd like to know the water capacity of fireformed brass and their starting loads.

I need to get a few hundred ADG brass dialed in and ready for some 1mile paper matches this year....and the typical ELR Steel stuff.

Dealer I talked to has not received their shipment yet. I'm hoping in the next week or two to have some in hand.

Dealer I talked to has not received their shipment yet. I'm hoping in the next week or two to have some in hand.

I was told that the interest in 300 PRC was much higher than anticipated....and I'm like...why do you think I was outside your door protesting for 2 months about getting some brass? Actually, I was just bugging the crap out of them from behind a keyboard...but same difference. They wasted a year....and hopefully, everyone will start producing brass now.

Us 308 shooters thought the 6.5creed was just a fad back a decade ago.....308 4Lyfe!!!! 6.5 is junk!!!! Can't even see your impacts at 1000yds!!!! 308 is the MAN'S caliber!!! Yea, we see how that panned out. It took the industry a bit to come on board...but I think it is here to stay a while.

Reactions: gnochi
This is my budge porsche taycan....notice I didn't get the turbo and saved $50k...went with a standard color instead of the upgraded metalic.... standard wheels, and regular leather. Skimped on the power seats and the Premium package.

yep....my budget Taycan ;)

Just messing with ya man...nice rifle.

I was told that the interest in 300 PRC was much higher than anticipated....and I'm like...why do you think I was outside your door protesting for 2 months about getting some brass? Actually, I was just bugging the crap out of them from behind a keyboard...but same difference. They wasted a year....and hopefully, everyone will start producing brass now.

Us 308 shooters thought the 6.5creed was just a fad back a decade ago.....308 4Lyfe!!!! 6.5 is junk!!!! Can't even see your impacts at 1000yds!!!! 308 is the MAN'S caliber!!! Yea, we see how that panned out. It took the industry a bit to come on board...but I think it is here to stay a while.

I hear ya. I have emails going back 15 months for ADG brass. Same canned responce each time.. no plans. No plans. Well guess enough of us were asking to get them to think about it and then make it.

This is my budge porsche taycan....notice I didn't get the turbo and saved $50k...went with a standard color instead of the upgraded metalic.... standard wheels, and regular leather. Skimped on the power seats and the Premium package.

yep....my budget Taycan ;)

Just messing with ya man...nice rifle.

You’ve been surfing the Porsche builder website I see. I do that with the GT3RS about twice a year.

You’ve been surfing the Porsche builder website I see. I do that with the GT3RS about twice a year.

Yea...and I think it is BS that they won't let me put $1000 down and pay $200/month and drive off the lot. Then again...I couldn't afford a car like that and a nice rifle and scope at the same time. I do need a new truck to get to some cool shooting spots...but who wants to pay new truck prices right now?

Plus...I needs to finish my payments on my ZCO 5x26 MPCT3 to sit on the 300 PRC...and then start a custom 6.5 build....and then.... 375CT baby!!!

Any of you guys tested and tried ADG brass?

Not for 300 PRC but have been using it on stout win mag loads for the last 2 years about. 16 loading on some with 77.8gr H1k and 200gr accubonds. Only on the 5th firing so far with the 215 bergers and 75gr of H1k.

Reactions: LakuNoc
I'm sure you could find something near as good for less.....but I like my Defiance and Bartlein combo...and I would go that route again if money was no object.

If you want to save money buy a defiance tenacity instead of a deviant.

Mine will be a rock creek on a tenacity

Rhb has a rebranded tenacity called a “hell betty” that is 875$ for a long action mag

Thanks for the response.
I currently have an Atlas so I’m good there.
I think the 2400 included the barrel threaded. I feel like I mentioned my suppressor. I’ll double check, I have a Cadex chassis now and can’t go any other direction. It’s just so adjustable and it fits me perfectly.
I already have a NF ATACR so I’m good with glass.
I stopped at a local gunsmith today. And he tried to talk me into a Rem700 action and a barrel (that I never heard of) because he can blueprint it easier at his shop and won’t cost a fortune when it’s time to swap barrels down the road.
BUT as always when I get my mind set on something I obsess over it forever until I “pull the trigger”
Am I being close minded with the Defiance action and Bartelin barrel? Or is there something else I should consider that will work just as good for less? Thanks in advance.

Hard to beat what defiance is doing with their actions.

Yea...I much prefer the MDT adjustable grip...I didn't think I'd like the angle...but I do.

Hm @Frank Green I am thinking about doing a 1:8 to be able to launch the 230/250 A-tips... it seems the math shows I wouldn't spin the 225 EDMS/230 Bergers to fast so it should work for all of the above? Just wanted to see what you thought.

Placed an deposit my left action so it's happening... Going to need to order a barrel from you guys soon.
I have a 300 NM with a 1 in 9 and it loves the 250 gr A tips. Anyone chasing a velocity gole should check out RL33. All my barrels are 30-31" but with 92 grains, FGMM Magnum primers, virgin Lapua brass about .020 off, I'm hitting 3050 fps with zero pressure and reasonable ES. I have shot up to 94 grains in my AXMC without pressure signs.
I have a 300 PRC load that does the 230 A tips roughly the same velocity with RL33. I did just find 4 eight lb kegs of RL26 so we will see how that goes but velocity wise RL33 is tough to beat.

Thanks for the response.
I think the 2400 included the barrel threaded. I feel like I mentioned my suppressor. I’ll double check, I have a Cadex chassis now and can’t go any other direction. It’s just so adjustable and it fits me perfectly.
I stopped at a local gunsmith today. And he tried to talk me into a Rem700 action and a barrel (that I never heard of) because he can blueprint it easier at his shop and won’t cost a fortune when it’s time to swap barrels down the road.
BUT as always when I get my mind set on something I obsess over it forever until I “pull the trigger”
Am I being close minded with the Defiance action and Bartelin barrel? Or is there something else I should consider that will work just as good for less? Thanks in advance.

Swapping barrels on our Ruckus or Deviant shouldn't cost anymore than rebarreling a printed 700. In fact, it will probably be easier given the increasing access to prefits.

Thanks for the response.
If a Smith told me that, I'd wish him a nice day and find a new plummer. Just sayin.....

Reactions: Cheeseburger1976