• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

300 RUM detachable magazine

SICARIO

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 9, 2010
Oregon, USA, etc.
I have a rem700 in 300RUM. I'm thinking of addin one of the detachable magazines by badger (assuming it'll work for the RUM).

Has anyone done this with good results? It would be nice to have more than 3 rounds, plus I seem to have issues with the last round feeding correctly.

Thanks

Re: 300 RUM detachable magazine

The badger mag does not work on the 300 rum, It is set up for the 338 lapua and the lapua shoulder is shorter than the rum and the mag has rolled sides for strength and it hits the case on both sides up by the shoulder if tha makes any sense. I bought one and did not want to mill out the rolled beads on the mag. I have a sendero and had the same problem with the last round feeding it was the follower. Go to midway and order product# 435964 it is milled solid and not one of those tin pieces of shit.

Re: 300 RUM detachable magazine

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: elkcraz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The badger mag does not work on the 300 rum, It is set up for the 338 lapua and the lapua shoulder is shorter than the rum and the mag has rolled sides for strength and it hits the case on both sides up by the shoulder if tha makes any sense. I bought one and did not want to mill out the rolled beads on the mag. I have a sendero and had the same problem with the last round feeding it was the follower. Go to midway and order product# 435964 it is milled solid and not one of those tin pieces of shit. </div></div>

You're right. I contacted Badger Ordinance and they confirmed that it cannot be used for the 300 RUM. Thanks for the info.

Anyone have experience with Wyatt's Outdoor detachable magazine. Their website indicates that the long action bottom metal is only good for 338LM, but on Stocky's website, it shows 300RUM/338LM.

Thanks,