• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

300 Scenar actual diameter (mic'd)

jonaddis84

Gunny Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 27, 2009
Toledo, OH
www.area419.com
Wondered if someone could mic me up the actual OD of a 300gn .338 Scenar.

Trying to get the right size bushing, and my supplier is out of stock of the scenars right now.

Thanks

Re: 300 Scenar actual diameter (mic'd)

<span style="text-decoration: line-through">Wow, I wasnt expecting that large of a range</span>. Also wasnt expecting that small since some sites list them as "338 caliber (.339 diameter)".

Looks like I need to try to trade off my 365 RCBS coated bushing to someone...

Edit: Nevermind, read those diameters wrong, I thought I saw a .001" difference, my bad

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jonaddis84</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow, I wasnt expecting that large of a range. Also wasnt expecting that small since some sites list them as "338 caliber (.339 diameter)".

Looks like I need to try to trade off my 365 RCBS coated bushing to someone... </div></div>

That large of a range? .0002"? thats 2 units out of 10,000. Thats a pretty darn small variation.

If I'm not mistaken, the tolerances on match rifle barrels are about that amount...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jonaddis84</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="text-decoration: line-through">Wow, I wasnt expecting that large of a range</span>. Also wasnt expecting that small since some sites list them as "338 caliber (.339 diameter)".

Looks like I need to try to trade off my 365 RCBS coated bushing to someone...

Edit: Nevermind, read those diameters wrong, I thought I saw a .001" difference, my bad </div></div>

Just be aware that Lapua and other European bullet manufactures, like to, at times go up .001" in their bullet diameter, because they feel that the over-sized bullet makes a better gas seal in the bore.

I have some 185gr rebated boat tail D-46 bullets that are marked .309 on the box.

Chris