• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

300 ultra mag

Re: 300 ultra mag

The 300 ultra with 210 hornady ~.648 BC or similar bullets at 3000 FPS makes it a formidable round. Dave Lauck uses this round and is pretty succesful (first round hits)with only a 180 grain bullet at a mile, all with "crummy" remington brass. I have a few groups of 5 shot 3/8-1/2 groups at 200 with remington brass. Federal now makes brass for this cartrige but I have not used it. Trajectory and energy are close with the 338 Lapua with a 250g bullet like was stated in a previous post. Barrel erosion is an issue but is with most high performance magnums. One guy I know had a stock 300 pss he claimed had 2500 rounds through it, I saw him still shoot sub 3/4 groups.

deerkllr-

24" -It was a stock Armalite AR10T at the time.

deerkllr,

I saw the word Armageddon mentioned. Keep fishing Rob and you might get lucky. Anyway the facts...Series 1 of our Armageddon rifles starts with a .308. Because IF it happens you want something that's going to out- last your enemy/foe's rifle if no more are available. Get it right Rob you don't know the FACTS and quit pretending to. The 85-100 rifles like THE HULK is for a COUNTER SNIPER to be well out of the realm of the average sniper/shooter with a .308,like a boxer with a farther reach. I think we would all agree that the .308 is the average tool for this? Where the Hulk falls into place is you get at least 3000 rounds of SUBQUARTER MOA and the brass last for at least 70 firings 81-83 grains H-1000 propels a 240SMK at 2900-3000 FPS. You can shoot out to 2000 yards (realistic shooting)with plenty of energy for longrange kills. A specialty rifle to out class the .308 and the POP-GUN 6.5 for special situations. But there are better alternatives when it comes to magnums because of simplicity. The .300 WSM and forget it!
Rob,
If you won the match, (and you didn't) we can post the facts if you want us too..and we will...it's only because I didn't shoot in it with my HULK. Bring your little 6.5 back please...you can even shoot for free like you did before. How you can have the nerve to tell Karl not to be sore because you beat him...what color is the sky in your world? Compare apples to apples and your not and apple. Put your money where your mouth is. And how about a BR match when were done? Compare your statistics on what ever you shot this year or EVER for that matter against mine (last six years or so)and then come tell us how good you are. And what did I bring? A can of whoop-ass. Difference between me and you, I can carry my rifle for miles and and still hit what I'm aiming at while your dragging your ass trying to catch your breath like you did on your little hunt. Don't challenge me if your not going to follow through with it. Your baiting BS is so obvious and predictable. You need the address to the gym?
Tom

deerkllr,

I have a Lawton 7000 and 7500 available as well as a Surgeon Magnum single shot or repeater. A few barrels and stock connections. Everything else collecting dust. Scopes such as NightForce and US Optics. Lots of good builders out there. But I will help you tune it and train you to shoot it. wnroscoe has a good reputation as well as others, like choosing a cartridge it's up to you.

Tom

Make up your mind...am I banned or not?

Facts? I guess I'll just use the results from the 08 IBS Nationals? I guess that ought to serve as some facts as published results for everything but IBS 1000yd matches are hard to come by.

http://internationalbenchrest.com/__08results/Ohio1000/Nationals/08.Nationals_LG.Grp.htm

That clear things up a little? Remeber you started this lil tirade with your "keyboard warrioring" in regards to the patent claim. You got caught in one of your half truthes and it embarassed you. As for me using the word armegeddon...what you own a patent on that too? Why would I need the address to a gym? Stood nose to nose with you in 2003 when you were "gonna open a can of whoop ass" and almost fell asleep.

By the way, I'll do the math for you. That is a 5.917" agg for a lil 6.5 popgun vs 4 hulks at an agg of 12.495". Not even a single group from the hulks could place in the top 40.

What? One match...your such a dork. Results are not hard to come by and you already know the stats don't you.Look at Ohio's results NC's IBS Precision shooting sreamers I'm there are you. Two WORLD RECORDS and agg records should I keep going? OK I will, SOY POINTS LAST 6 YEARS Longrange jacket? SILVER..you? Who got first.SHould I go on, ONE MATCH boy. OHIO STATE MATCH LG GROUP WINS? How many? 4" groups? 3"-how many 2"...you none me lots.I can still keep going if you want. ALL FACTS. Feel asleep, all I remember is you saying how sorry you were and talking yourself out of it all the way back the HAWKS RIDGE. Here's your chance FAT boy in front of everyone. Take it. As for being banned PLEASE come back one more time so I can shut your mouth once and for all. You don't want the address to he gym obviously.

Please come back.

07 IBS Nats.

Lil bity 6.5 popgun 8.048" agg for 3 targets

2 hulks with a 10.885" agg. You with a 8.422.

What I like most is the even littler itty bitty 6.5x47L breaking the 6 target agg not once, but twice this year. Where are your agg records?

Just wait, I dig up more Nats results..that's when I tend to be halfway serious about shooting and lil less focused on having some fun and socializing with my friends.

Ooooo you got me in 06. Congrats, 1 outta 3 would get you into Cooperstown. That's the baseball hall of fame by the way.
wink.gif

You'll do the math for me? What a jerk. You do they math.
ONE match. Do the math at the STATE match. And all the others add it up smart ass you equal what? Do the math for 10 match agg for group in OHIO last 6 years. Hmm..adding up yet. We can back as far as you want. The HULK in IOWA State Match...four 4" groups in a row.. do the math jerk-off. Want me to go on and make you look even more stupid.How about the match when John Miller and I won the relay for group and score..he shot a 5" I shot a 2" everyone else including you shot double digits..we won you lost. Get your calculator out. See, your so competetive your blind to the truth. Your so obsessed with being better than me you compare ONE match, BY THE WAY FOLKS, THE IBS 1000 YARD NATIONALS HOSTED BY THUNDER VALLEY WHICH I COORDINATED..cooked helped and could care less about shooting that weekend. I did horrible, not the HULK. The HULK speaks for itself. Like I said RAW FACTS AND STATISTICS PROVE IT. Dave Tooley sitting next to me the day before when I shot a low 2" group....again. Come on Rob if your gonna talk shit tell the FACTS. I know them and can prove them to anyone who wants to know.

I'm not talking about Nationals I'm talking last 6 years of everything total IBS and that's your problem obviously. Oh..probation..please. Keep digging, in the end you'll find your a looser and your wrong. Nationals 07...when Half my pec was tore off on Thursday and I still showed up on Friday? Hmmm. Got me there, still carried my own rifle.Didn't know I was competeting against you Rob, I guess you were me. How many people beat you...

Sounds like an excuse to me. You can carry your rifle and shoot it, but not hang out at the kitchen and shoot it? Heck..I even helped score targets. Even made sure I never score my own. Sounds to me like you have sketchier specifics then me. So let's take you out of the 08 Nats. 3 hulk shooters with a 12.177" agg. 04 I do believe that was a Baity built rifle. Wonder if that has any bearing on the performance of the rifle?

I'm about the least competitive shooter out there. Heck even took my own rifle off the bench at the last Nats to give to a guy that was beating me in the agg after his rifle broke. We were in the same relay, could have just let him get no shots on paper.

Heck I can recall a HG relay where there were only 2 guns in a relay under 10"...yep, both 6.5s. You shoot HG anymore? I recall you had a hulk HG. 10 shot groups harder to pull off?

Just providing facts to your statements Tommy boy. I do believe you were the one that said I never beat the mighty hulk. Lead the way to PM land...after all you started this there.

Wow now how does this happen??? For those people who need to sit back and learn? Then there are those people who live it and prove it. I know tom very well and he isn't going to let other people tell him something different that he already has tried and proven. Maybe you should "take a hint" and learn something.... IMHO!

Hope he doesnt have anymore 338LM based cases built on 0.700" bolts. Glad to see you brought out an action built for that one Barney.

Please except my apologys for this BS on the board. I think everyone can see what's going here. Sometimes these things get out of hand and I let it. I tried to keep it on PM but we saw what happened there. It won't happen again. No need for anyone to defend me let this die-out.
IF I return here it will be for shooting discussions only and for those who need help. No more arguements from me. I hope to talk to a moderator about this.

Tom Sarver

That is not the issue. This is his son bobby. I dont claim to no everything or much at all. But after 27 years of knowing my father and atleast 17 shooting with him long range. I have come to respect the art of shooting. It is not based on that many hard facts but a over all knowledge of a bunch of collected info. I know a few people in this game that have alot of experience and knowledge is what i respect... The disrespect of that i do not like!

Rob,
Here we go again, we have built TWO HULKS on these and have had NO problems with them at Barnys suggestion. I guess you know more than him and Bruce Baer now. We now use the larger ones but is that your business? Keep running down my business. It's all documented.

Not running it down at all. However, it is my business should I be shooting next to one at a match. Documented concern about using 0.700" bolts for 416 Rigby family cases. Am glad you are now using the larger bolt. Hopefully the guys with the smaller bolts upgrade to a bigger action.

http://www.riflebarrels.com/articles/custom_actions/378_weatherby_remington_700_action.htm

Right there you go. I guess he would be called an expert in the field.

Ok will you at any point just listen?

You think you know so dam much cause you see shit like this?

When you can show me the chamber pressure comparison in chamber pressures between that cartridge and the other cartridge in question. Then i would like you to show me the tensile strength break down of the alloy used in that action and the one we use?

Then maybe we have something we could talk about besides sitting here listening to your dumb ass comments.... IMHO!

hey tom and rob PLEASE complete your profile ....you two adolescent come in here talking smack and burning up bandwidth....and we don't even give a flip.....thanks a lot complete your profile or take this pissing contest somewhere else.......and bring a note from your mommy .

The other cartridge in question is a wildcat. You ever put a strain gauge on it?

ultramag019.jpg

ultramag015.jpg

In an attempt to get this thread back on track. Here is my ultra mag that I shoot SMK 220 gainers 3150 fps. I have hit a prairie dog at 1610 yards and have hit metal past 2000. great cartridge low recoil and allot cheaper to shoot that some other stuff.

Jimmy, what action is that sucker built on? Its Purty!

And I love your picture...big ass rifle....little suppressed pistol...solve all your problems from 2 to 2000 yards LOL.

Nesika bay action and I have used Winchester brass,Just prepped it well-neck turn and all that stuff(I guess Nosler has some new brass that is better, (and D&L sports has some federal brass) . Awesome shooter- Mark
Channlyn barrel 30 inches.

Hey Jimmy I was wondering who built the rifle for you and the cost, and I was wondering what type of muzzle brake? Nice looking equipment close, long, and Holy S***t did I really hit that so far away.
smile.gif

Mark Channlyn of rocky mountain rifle works built it for me about 9 years ago around 3000? With out optics the brake was made by RND.

I have a couple of those breaks too. Was a favored for the cheytac until they started using ours. I like those breaks also. I think another hole it the top would be nice though. Maybe one out on the last port.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jimmy M40a2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
ultramag019.jpg

ultramag015.jpg

In an attempt to get this thread back on track. Here is my ultra mag that I shoot SMK 220 gainers 3150 fps. I have hit a prairie dog at 1610 yards and have hit metal past 2000. great cartridge low recoil and allot cheaper to shoot that some other stuff. </div></div>

Nice rifles! What rings are those?

I bought a barreled action done by APA here on the hide, 300RUM, Mike Rock fluted barrel, APA brake, APA reworked Remington action. Put it in a HS stock. Both Nosler and Remington brass shoot 1/2 MOA (and a cheap Simmons WTC scope, soon to be replaced)with H1000 and Retumbo combined with 208 AMAX or 210 Berger (surprised by brass results, I only use Lapua in 308). Recoil is about the same as my 308 GAP, if not less.

For me, the 338's got expensive in actions, bullets and brass. With 300 RUM I have factory brass, no special forming, factory dies, reasonably priced brass and 30 cal bullet prices.

I am sure the barrel life will not be like others, but nothing comes for free.

If you are looking to build a 300RUM, I highly suggest APA.

Ballistics should keep me happy beyond any range I can find.

Just my $0.02.

JB