• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

300 wby load question

kdxman

Private
Minuteman
Apr 20, 2010
ARIZONA
I need some help, I am trying to find a good load for my 300 wby mag for long range. I am just starting to reload, I would like to use the load for hunting and target shooting eventually shooting out to 1000. I have had some luck with the 168 berger but after some reading it loooks like more people here use a heavier bullet. So should I move to a 210 berger or some were inbetween. I am shooting the stock wby accumark with 26in barrel with muzzel brake. I am also open to shooting some thing besides bergers. Thanks in advance

Re: 300 wby load question

I ran 200 grain accubonds out of mine. But the Bergers are an excellent option also. Pushing the lighter bullets with a lower BC really does an injustice to the 300 mags. They can push these heavy bullets very fast and it really is a waste to not take advantage of that.

Re: 300 wby load question

The 208 A-max is a good balance for hunting and match. The 200 grain Accubond has a really good BC for a hunting bullet, and they shoot very well. If you can not seat the Berger VLD close to the lands in your rifle due to a short magazine, then go with something else.