• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

300 whisper data needed

RHutch

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 23, 2005
    Frisco, TX
    The Whisper has landed and I am looking for some load data. Bolt gun and 220SMK. I have Lil Gun and H110 on hand.

All help is appreciated.

Re: 300 whisper data needed

Lil Gun is my favorite. My load for 220 SMK's is 8.5gr of LIlGun. You might want to start a little less as it will break the sound barrier in cold weather (have tried it up north)...but I am in south FL so its not an issue for me lol

should add...I am shooting a rem bolt rifle with a 16" barrel

I am using 9.5 Lil Gun with 220gr RN in my 10 1/2" AR. With your 16" Bolt gun 8.5gr Lil Gun looks like a place to start. Results vary for each gun. Good to use chrono and if you don't have one you can go by the crack. Either way you will load one at a time. Win 296 works good and I use Blue Dot for bullets 180gr down to 150gr.

9.4 H110, 220 smk in 20" bolt gun, 8 twist, does it for me at 5200'. Pretty reasonable accuracy; if you have both Lil Gun and 110 on hand, try both over a chronograph as this chambering seems to be more "individual" than others.
    Best
    James

I will definitely be using my chronograph.

Has anybody dabbled with supersonic loads with the lighter bullets? the 125 to 150 class?

Most people on quarterbore like the 125 and some 110, seems a 110 varmint would give most velocities and expansion for shock. Sierra shows data for all weights for the 300 Whisper.

Haven't been able to get onto the Qbore forums in over a week...internal server error of some sort.

Realize we are talking reloading here but has anyone tried the Corbon factory 220 sub loads?

I have a 16" rem bolt action and was wondering if these were delivering decent results or if I needed to roll my own.

C

My buddy tried them today. Velocity avg was 1079, IIRC, with 4shot group of .75 @100 yards.

I worked up a saweeeet load with 8.4gr Lil Gun. Velocity avg 1035 at 69 degrees. 6 shot group .44"

These were shot out of twin bolt guns with 16.5" Shilen 1:8 barrels.
    The whisper is a cool somebitch.