• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

300 Win Mag barrel length, what am I losing at 24"? Did I blow it?

I am running 73grns of R22 pushing 210grn Berger VLD's really darn fast. I have had no issues with this load using Winchester brass. Nosler brass however does NOT like this load and blows out every primer!

That's interesting. I just ruined some brand new Win brass with 71.5 of RL22 under a 208. The primer pockets are so loose there is no tactile resistance when decapping or reseating a new primer. I could almost press them in with my thumb.

That's interesting. I just ruined some brand new Win brass with 71.5 of RL22 under a 208. The primer pockets are so loose there is no tactile resistance when decapping or reseating a new primer. I could almost press them in with my thumb.
Maybe you got a bad lot? I run 72gn of RL22 with 208 amax in Winchester brass an have no issues.