• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

300 WM or 300 NM

Speedarino

Private
Minuteman
Apr 11, 2017
Got a CIP action with both bolts. Where are the 30 cal gurus? I’ll fill in more blanks if this thread gets running.
Thanks

What is your intended use. What distances do you plan to shoot. Hunting, ELR, shooting rocks... details man, need more details.....

Either way the 300nm will offer more..more fps,more efficient,shorter oal eve running 230s will still fit on cip and bullets bearing is always above shoulder.(300wm wont offer that even on cip mag being longer case vs norma 300)
None belted case..300nm offers lapua and petterson brass..(brass life)..more accurate and more sexy:cool:

Good start, but the plot thickens. I’ve already got a lot of new Norma 3000wm brass and have 7-300 wm barrel. Tickling steel 2000 +. Looked over Warner’s charts and with 198 flatlines some overlap in velocities in WM/NM; but at a substantial OAL in WM. I haven’t used any flatlines. In order to load WM in mag what velocities have any of you seen from WM? I savy Lapua brass, but it ain’t cheap. (especially compared to the 300wm I’ve already got.)

Good start, but the plot thickens. I’ve already got a lot of new Norma 3000wm brass and have 7-300 wm barrel. Tickling steel 2000 +. Looked over Warner’s charts and with 198 flatlines some overlap in velocities in WM/NM; but at a substantial OAL in WM. I haven’t used any flatlines. In order to load WM in mag what velocities have any of you seen from WM? I savy Lapua brass, but it ain’t cheap. (especially compared to the 300wm I’ve already got.)
How many 300wm brass for one barrel life few hundreds maybe?
I got few improved 300nm and been using lapua brass..100 brass is more than enough for one 1500ct barrel life..and its less than 200$
Norma brass dies 2-3 firing pocket gets really loose..i had lapua brass that alreay past 15x loading and still plenty life left and tight pockets :)

Point taken.
Thanks
Anybody loading 198 flatlines in 300wm and having enough room to load in CIP mags. If so what data do you have regarding velocities/performance at 1800+

Lots of 30 mags, had to limit conderation somewhere. Got lot of 300 WM brass and well aware of the drawbacks of case design. It still works after decades. Like Lapua brass and not to fond of Hornady’s.

Sounds like your mind is made up already and it's for .300WM.

Not really sure why you are asking, since you seem to be defending the choice of .300WM hard and don't appear to be open to .300NM.

.300NM does everything better, but it's marginal performance gains.