• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

300 wsm brass

SPAK

Stupid can be fixed
Minuteman
Apr 3, 2009
Alaska
Getting ready to get components for a 300 wsm build on a long action to shoot 198 flatline Bullets and maybe 185 hybrids.

looking for brass and can’t find any Norma or nosler. How does hornady or Winchester compare?

Any thoughts or insight would be great.

Getting ready to get components for a 300 wsm build on a long action to shoot 198 flatline Bullets and maybe 185 hybrids.

looking for brass and can’t find any Norma or nosler. How does hornady or Winchester compare?

Would like to know also. Dug mine 300 wsm from back of safe. Been several years since fired. Had some new brass.for the life of me can't be found. Did quick search, looks like slim pickings from main vendors

I’ve been using 243 Winchester brass for my 260 for quite a while.
It won’t die!
I killed two barrels with that lot of 200 cases and started a 3rd.

check the flash hole for burrs and make a 70-80% cut on the neck, mark cases that give odd speeds and cull them if they consistently do it and it’s good brass.

Everywhere I look norma 300 wsm brass says it’s been discontinued by factory. Anyone have any insight to this?

anyone used hornady brass can comment on its quality and consistency?

Everywhere I look norma 300 wsm brass says it’s been discontinued by factory. Anyone have any insight to this?

anyone used hornady brass can comment on its quality and consistency?
Picked up a bag of Winchester 300 wsm at basspro. Decent price compared to ordering by it self. Should last a while since dont shoot that rig as much

I’ve thought about Bertram but I have had some brass from them that was really inconsistent, especially for the price you pay. I may try some Hornady.

My only experience with them is for my 375 snipetac and it’s pretty good brass

All Norma factory 300 WSM ammo is clearanced at any store I've seen. I buy it when I see it usually 40% off.

I use Winchester brass. It's what I can afford and I'm getting good( for me ) results. Once fired, necks trimmed to even all the way around. For me, that's .0014. .007 of lands, concentricity .001/.002 65.8gr RL16 is giving me 1/4 to 3/8 groups at 100 yards. Some day I'll find a longer range to shoot at.

I use Hornady and have been happy so far with the consistency of the brass. I used Norma before until they discontinued 300WSM brass. Beginning to see split case necks in the Norma brass that I still have.