• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

3006 180gr or 190gr Long Range

nomad 1

Private
Minuteman
Sep 3, 2005
Idaho
Will be shooting an 06 out to 600 to 750 yds.
The choice of bullets is 180gr Accubond or 190gr
Hordady interlock.
Rifle has 22" barrel, action is bedded, trigger 2 lbs.
3.5-10 M4 Leupold on top mildot.
Rifle has shot sub min with 150gr but have not loaded
a heavier bullet in to it.
What powder, brass and primers would you use.

Re: 3006 180gr or 190gr Long Range

Steel and paper targets, deer, elk, bear, and pronghorn....
Are the targets.......

All of the above would be well handled by the 208 Amax and RL-17, RL-22, H4831sc or H4350

The powders are listed in order of preference from top to bottom. RL-17 and -22 are very close, H4831sc and H4350 are both fantastic for accuracy but lack some in the velocity department.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bohem</div><div class="ubbcode-body">All of the above would be well handled by the 208 Amax</div></div>
Dammit Bohem! Would you stop that! I used to tell everyone how great the 208's were out of just about anything .30 cal. Now I can't find the damn things.
wink.gif

John

ETA: 208's in anything but a 300WM have been proven to cause blindness.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jrob300</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Dammit Bohem! Would you stop that! I used to tell everyone how great the 208's were out of just about anything .30 cal. Now I can't find the damn things.
wink.gif

John

ETA: 208's in anything but a 300WM have been proven to cause blindness. </div></div>

Fair enough... I'm having the same problem as well, I currently have 500 backordered from Grafs...

That last line is hilarious, here I've been thinking the hair on my palms and failing eyesight was from something else.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bohem</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jrob300</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
wink.gif

John

ETA: 208's in anything but a 300WM have been proven to cause blindness. </div></div>

Fair enough... I'm having the same problem as well, I currently have 500 backordered from Grafs...

That last line is hilarious, here I've been thinking the hair on my palms and failing eyesight was from something else. </div></div>

grin.gif