• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

300BLK AAC handi rifle

Re: 300BLK AAC handi rifle

It would make me feel better about shooting the 220gr SMK. A person would have to break position and reload verses just re-aiming and shooting again. I feel bad when I load a mag of 20 of them.

I have one in .223 nice little gun I use it as a 4-wheeler gun verry sturdy and suprised me on how acurate it is follow up shots are a pain but I think it makes me shoot better knowing I have to break it open to reload rather than my AR that I use also

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: redneckbmxer24</div><div class="ubbcode-body">At $250 I'll buy one just to try out the round. You can't beat that. </div></div>

+1

i hope this turns out to be true

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would be all about one just to get into the .300 Blackout. </div></div>

+1

Hell i'll pay 2 dollars just to see a monkey fart!!

I'd so buy that. I bet if I had one, I'd probably end up shooting it more than my 300/221 AR.

if they would just chamber for that cartridge it would be a plus. id send in the NEF to get a new barrel in 300blk.

I <span style="font-weight: bold">need</span> one.

Don't even know what I would use it for. I'm just a sucker for weird little single shot rifles.

I think I could find something to kill with it
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 762frmafr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a 30-06 Handi-Rifle that I cut back to 16" and installed a Surefire Muzzlebrake on. With 220 round nose and trailboss that thing is super quiet and surprisingly accurate. </div></div>

All things being equal, what would be more quiet, a 220gr .308 subsonic suppressed or the 220gr 300 Black Out subsonic suppressed? I would be more likely to buy one in .308 due to the popularity of of the cartridge compared to the 300 but super quiet is super quiet. That being said, it would make a good deer rifle in my opinion.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pete Sake</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 762frmafr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a 30-06 Handi-Rifle that I cut back to 16" and installed a Surefire Muzzlebrake on. With 220 round nose and trailboss that thing is super quiet and surprisingly accurate. </div></div>

All things being equal, what would be more quiet, a 220gr .308 subsonic suppressed or the 220gr 300 Black Out subsonic suppressed? I would be more likely to buy one in .308 due to the popularity of of the cartridge compared to the 300 but super quiet is super quiet. That being said, it would make a good deer rifle in my opinion. </div></div>

The .308 factory gun will have a 1-10 twist, the .300 blk will have a 1-8. Better for 220 subs. The smaller case will also use less powder to acheive the same velocity - so slightly quieter. Knowing AAC they will also hopefully require NEF to hold tighter tolerance on the barrel & chamber. Stock Handi's are all over the place - bore, chamber, headspace...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 762frmafr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a 30-06 Handi-Rifle that I cut back to 16" and installed a Surefire Muzzlebrake on. With 220 round nose and trailboss that thing is super quiet and surprisingly accurate. </div></div>

pictures or it doesn't exist!

Like the handi rifle... the 300 blk would be a nice trap line gun

Not sure abbout watching the Monkey but I am in for some beer

+2 for pics of your tricked out handi!!!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: slothlacrosse</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 762frmafr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a 30-06 Handi-Rifle that I cut back to 16" and installed a Surefire Muzzlebrake on. With 220 round nose and trailboss that thing is super quiet and surprisingly accurate. </div></div>

pictures or it doesn't exist! </div></div>

Google promised land guns. Steve has a video on his website of him shooting his handi rifle suppressed.

Chuck

If they can keep it under $250 we could probably get enough "I'll take one" on here to make it worth them doing a run if they're looking for potential interest. "Group Buy" anyone?

Much more than $250 and you can rebarrel a bolt.

im in for a 300 blk barrel if they can cross over to the NEF and make me one for that platform.

It should be out around March 2012. MSRP is probably about $335. It costs more than other HandiRifles because it has custom tall sights, an AAC logo lasered on it, a thread protector, a threaded barrel, and a barrel blank not made at H&R due to the special twist rate.

Any specific vendors going to be selling these?

Very cool, glad to hear these are getting produced. I will most definitely pick one up.

Quick update:

I called H&R and asked about this (with March fast approaching) and was told an AAC 300 Blackout handi rifle is not on their production schedule. It won't be coming in March, and they couldn't (or wouldn't) commit to it coming ever.

AAC's page has no updates on this.

The message I am getting is "don't hold your breath."

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rancid Coolaid</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Quick update:

I called H&R and asked about this (with March fast approaching) and was told an AAC 300 Blackout handi rifle is not on their production schedule. It won't be coming in March, and they couldn't (or wouldn't) commit to it coming ever.

AAC's page has no updates on this.

The message I am getting is "don't hold your breath." </div></div>

That sucks, I'll have to stick to my AR in 300blk, but was interested in this as another suppressor host.

Can we still see the monkey fart for $2 and drink beer?

If they ever do make em i would get one for killing squirrels, the break action is adorable.

Looks like they will be available, saw a thread over on Silencer Talk, that lists the Handi Rifle in .300 BLK. Price looks like it will run around $350ish.

This would be an interesting rifle for my young son to get for deer hunting and also as a can host possibly.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LRB45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks like they will be available, saw a thread over on Silencer Talk, that lists the Handi Rifle in .300 BLK. Price looks like it will run around $350ish.

This would be an interesting rifle for my young son to get for deer hunting and also as a can host possibly. </div></div>

Everyone keeps referencing some else's blog or forum post. To clarify:

1. AAC's last mention of this was August 11th, 2011, where they said they would let us know "if/when this happens."
2. H&R has produced nothing for this rifle (for AAC or H&R) and they do not have anything on their current production schedule for this model.
3. Neither H&R nor AAC mention this model in/on their catalogs or even say "coming soon."
4. Yes, AAC made the Micro 7 (using Remington's parts) so maybe H&R don't know; however, H&R have provided no parts (or will not admit to providing parts) for AAC to use toward this model.

I too would like to have one of these, and I too appreciate Ron's work on the 300Blackout, but Ron hasn't said anything about this in awhile, and my guess is things have changed since August of 2011.

My singular point is this, again: It looks very doubtful these will be on shelves in March. Don't hold your breath.

It would be cheaper and easier if you already owned an Encore or Contender frame.

I plan on getting a blackout in an AR platform, unfortunately that's still a few years out so in the meantime I think I'll get one of the little bad boys for up close predators. Rsilvers any idea where and when u can get one of these?

will they offer that caliber in the NEF lineup as well i wonder? i have a NEF survivor and i am already planning on getting a 223 bbl for it and possibly a 12 or 20ga if thats possible on that receiver. id love to get a 300blk too.

An update to this, they had the rifle at SHOT, saw a video some website did for it. I believe they said the price was $379 or $389. I did not get to finish watching the whole video to see the release date though.

Normally that kind of rifle does nothing for me.

However, coupled with that chambering, the 5/8 x 24 threaded end and the $250 price tag?

I would be all over that.

Maybe this is a stupid question, but could you just order one in .223, pull the barrel off and have a smith re-chamber it in .300 BO and thread the barrel?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lofty</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Maybe this is a stupid question, but could you just order one in .223, pull the barrel off and have a smith re-chamber it in .300 BO and thread the barrel? </div></div>

Considering the 300BLK is a 30 cal bullet ... NOT gonna happen.