• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors 300WM pistol

mdmp5

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • May 7, 2009
    Was at the range on sunday, and some dude had a 300 Win Mag pistol, no joke. I forgot the manufacturer, but he said it was the pistol that the lone eagle was built after. The thing was a true hand cannon. Scary to tell you the truth. The blast was so loud and violent, I felt it while I was shooting 10 feet away from him. Anyone else have any experience with one of these?

Re: 300WM pistol

My dad used to have one, and he'd brag and brag about it.

His buddy worked up some lower power loads he called "funshots" and some hunting rounds that apparently hurt.

I don't know about the specific model you're talking about, but I've seen and heard the muzzle blast of one, and at night they look like fireballs.

I had a 30/30 Thompson Contender pistol for a while that I hunted with shooting prone with a bipod. It was less blast than my .454 Casull but more flip. With the bipod loaded right and both hands on it, shooting was not bad. A WSM mist be something.

A .300 Win Mag pistol is for pussies. This is what real men shoot!
    laugh.gif

http://www.tom-phillips.info/images.b/nitro.express.magnum.htm