• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors 300WM with a AAC Cyclone?

GB213

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 23, 2009
Maryland
I have a TRG42 300 WM with a cyclone on the end. It does a nice job, but is it strong enough for the magnum. I have called AAC and asked them, to which they stated if the barrel is over 24" (which it is) it should be ok, but they haven't tested enough to know. This is a older cyclone and has been great on my 308s and I don't want to ruin it. Anybody have any experience with a step up like this?

Re: 300WM with a AAC Cyclone?

If a manufacturer told me it "should be ok but we haven't tested it much" I would probably not shoot 300WM thru it..... I have not done it but I always shoot 300WM thru WM rated cans.

I talked to Mers at AAC about running my 762SD on a 26" 7mm rem mag and he said, knock yourself out.

They rate these cans for caliber based on a 18" barrel. By the time you get the bullet out of a 24" wm barrel, the pressure has dropped substanially. My friends 7 mag has goofy threads so we didn't get to run my can on his rifle today but, I planned on it.

I say run it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If a manufacturer told me it "should be ok but we haven't tested it much" I would probably not shoot 300WM thru it..... I have not done it but I always shoot 300WM thru WM rated cans. </div></div>

Ya.....I wouldn't run a 300wm through a 762 can. There's a reason they sell a 300wm can at a much higher price.

YHM Phantom 7.62 is rated to take any 30 cal cartridge..... The Cyclone can probably handle it BUT you are going to cut its life down.

cyclone is full auto rated I think. so should be able to take a lot of abuse. But like one poster said it's all about pressure.

if it is an older k baffle cyclone then those were built tank like.

i would guess it would be fine for 300winmag (if merz says so....)