• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

.308 at 1 mile video

Re: .308 at 1 mile video

They say in the video that they think the rock is about the size of a car. Still pretty damn impressive. I'd try it If I had that kinda space.

What length barrel are they shooting ? I havent watched the vid yet but 46.8 grains of Varget under a 155 smk only gets me 2725 out of a 20incher.

OK, watched the video ..... they shot the side of a mountain at 1 mile .... big whoop.

They were shooting at what they are calling a 60 inch target. Thats 5 foot around ..... then later they say it is the size of a car .... well the never got within the percieved size of the target to the target.

I was pretty impressed to see them get there in an orderly fashion. I think it's nice to see that the 155gr .308 doesn't magically cease all forward movement and fall to the ground at 1100 yards...

I shoot the Sierra 155's to 1k often and to 1400 on special occasions. I shoot 46.8gr of Varget and 1400 is a real challenge. It's all over. I can't imagine going another 360 yards.

Not bad considering its pushing the boundaries... actually where am i going

Its beyond the boundaries of "conventional" .308win shooting