• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

.308 green tip

you want to penetrate armour with a projectile, it needs 4 things…. Mass, velocity hardness and length….

do yourself some research on “long rod” penetrators.

more mass = more penetration
more velocity = more penetration
more hardness = can penetrate harder armour
more length = helps penetrate deeper all else being equal

there was a US arme engineer way back when, who was doing research on projectiles penetrating armour…. Got an idea from a hurricane report about 2x4 pine poles penetrating brick and concrete walls….. did some experimentation and found that with enough velocity a #2 pencil could survive a trip trough a 1/4 inch steel plate.
i call bs, no way a pencil, regardless of speed, is going through steel

RE: your first post. Ive got a bunch ready to make up. $3.00 per round.? . What shade of green would you like? Irish Spring is always nice.

Trying to build an understanding of the different materials used in hard armor and bullets, and which is more effective against one another. Read about such things as black tip, green tip, teflon, 5.7 SS190, etc. and trying to understand what exactly they all are.

I always get fucking banned when I post dumb shit that reveals I'm a fedboi
FIFY
Trying to build an understanding of the different materials used in hard armor and bullets, and which is more effective against one another. Read about such things as black tip, green tip, teflon, 5.7 SS190, etc. and trying to understand what exactly they all are.
GifMeme16240822092022.gif

Years back I had a can of solid steel AK rounds. Russian I think. Unfortunately in a move they got lost before I could try them.

Changing the thread title doesn't make the troll less retarded.

One thing about this community is that there is a tremendous amount of knowledge here. And it is in the hands of people generally smart enough not to share it with people who are going to do retarded things with that knowledge.

I think we all decided earlier that you belong in South Africa so... head there, please. And leave us alone. There is nothing here for you and you have already trashed your reputation to the point that everything you are going to post... ever... going to be met with suspicion, ridicule and derision.

Go away. Stop asking questions that only get asked by people who do not need to know the answers to those questions. There is nothing here for you. Or your cell.

Sirhr

Go get an engineering degree, then Apply to Aberdeen Proving Grounds as a test tech/engineer. If you get hired, wait for your TS/SCI clearance to be approved before you can work.

Then you can learn all about this science.

There is a reason you don't know and most people who think they do, don't. Those that do, will be tight lipped about it.

Or just dig through the shit left behind in Afghanistan. But if you do, you might have to shoot a Chinese dude screaming "No! Don't shoot! I know Hunter Biden!"

i call bs, no way a pencil, regardless of speed, is going through steel
That is untrue...ish. For the speeds we are talking about its pretty likely you are right.

But, close to the speed of light the leading atoms of the pencil would be converted into such destructive energy that the steel would evaporate, and the atoms following the leading atoms have so much potential energy they protect the rest of the pencil from the atomic bomb level forces involved.

All you need is a shotgun, and you can take down Russian jets..... why waste money on 308 stuff

It's people like this that gives real 2A and conservative values advocates like us a bad name. In no way do I believe a single thing out of this fucker's mouth.

You're a fucking trolling plant @Krugermeier. Nobody, absolutely nobody, is this fucking stupid. You're deliberately doing this, so just fuck off back to Axios, Vox, Vice, your wife's boyfriend's crotch, wherever the fuck you come from, right fucking now.

To the rest of you, don't give this fucker a single thing. This is an attack on us and our values, cut and dry.

Drinking your boyfriends fresh piss out of a cup does not make it whiskey.

Time to go report to your handlers.

Ok you're the only troll I'm going to respond, you are a fag lol
You're a plant. Anyone who shoots anything semi auto knows M855 is 5.56 and not .308, and none of us (shooting enthusiasts) would ever make that mistake. Seriously, no shooter is that stupid, and you are not a shooter in any way, shape or form. You're trying to get someone to say something stupid to put in the anti-gun article, blog, ticktack video, whatever you're writing/building material for.

I'm not even going to insult glowies and accuse you of being one. They're far smarter than this.

You're a plant. Anyone who shoots anything semi auto knows M855 is 5.56 and not .308, and none of us (shooting enthusiasts) would ever make that mistake. Seriously, no shooter is that stupid, and you are not a shooter in any way, shape or form. You're trying to get someone to say something stupid to put in the anti-gun article, blog, ticktack video, whatever you're writing/building material for.

I'm not even going to insult glowies and accuse you of being one. They're far smarter than this.

'You're a plant.'

4b8e0a156b57daa9489e3b8ef53996f3.jpg

Serious question has there ever once been a recorded incident of someone going to a pro-2A forum and baiting someone, then posting it on DU? Sounds like too much effort for little result. I think the federal government has scared everyone into thinking everyone that isn't them is a plant, shill, agent, etc. Does the federal government really allocate taxpayer funds for shit like that? lol

It amazes me that we live on a planet where faggot retards from DU are able to thrive.

Liberalism is a sickness that infects White people by way of white guilt and lack of parenting

Serious question has there ever once been a recorded incident of someone going to a pro-2A forum and baiting someone, then posting it on DU? Sounds like too much effort for little result. I think the federal government has scared everyone into thinking everyone that isn't them is a plant, shill, agent, etc. Does the federal government really allocate taxpayer funds for shit like that? lol

It amazes me that we live on a planet where faggot retards from DU are able to thrive.

Liberalism is a sickness that infects White people by way of white guilt and lack of parenting
Yes. This troll who went by the name Krugermeier.

That is untrue...ish. For the speeds we are talking about its pretty likely you are right.

But, close to the speed of light the leading atoms of the pencil would be converted into such destructive energy that the steel would evaporate, and the atoms following the leading atoms have so much potential energy they protect the rest of the pencil from the atomic bomb level forces involved.
Relativistic baseball. Explains what you're talking about. Rollover texts and footnotes are funny.

Relativistic baseball. Explains what you're talking about. Rollover texts and footnotes are funny.
Neat - had not seen that. I realize that my example would have been in a vacuum. The fusion explosion of the air on the way in would be pretty cool. Also, I think the person who wrote this underestimated the transitional effects of the baseball on the way to the batter. You might have to go sub-nanosecond to really see them though.

Add a couple of things together.

Look up laws on armor piercing ammo and the definitions.
Look up 308 pistols.
Add in what you're asking about.
Add in you're from California.
Look up California laws relating to the above.
Add in your previous posts where people have called you out for being a glowie.

Now do you see why you're getting the answers you are?

Add a couple of things together.

Look up laws on armor piercing ammo and the definitions.
Look up 308 pistols.
Add in what you're asking about.
Add in you're from California.
Look up California laws relating to the above.
Add in your previous posts where people have called you out for being a glowie.

Now do you see why you're getting the answers you are?
Knowledge is not illegal. Fuck you

• Haha
Reactions: Bender