• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

308 loads

Rowdyryno

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 24, 2011
Wichita kansas
Fellas, I have been shooting lapua brass, FED210M primers, 44 grains of varget and 178 grain A-max bullets for some time now. I am needing to reload some more brass and have everything except primers. I found CCI200 primers but couldn't get fed 210m or CCI BR2 primers. Will I be ok running the CCI200 primers?

I can't remember what the CCI designation for their LR primer is, but if 200's are LR primers you will be fine.

There may well be some differences (and I suspect that there will be) since you switched from the Federals, but you are just going to have to shoot a test set and see how big or if the change in POI is worth working up.

Good luck,

I ran out of Win LR primers and switched to Rems with almost no difference. I have a load with those and a load with FGMM primers. You may need to change it up a bit as rduck said, but shoot a couple rounds and you'll figure out where you are at.

I know the CCI BR2 primers are the recommended replacement for Fed 210M primers but neither of them could be found so just making sure the CCI 200 primers are even worth using.

I've done pretty extensive testing comparing Fed 210 vs 210M and CCI BR2 vs 200.

All of the above gave me single digit SDs with Varget.

I use Cci 200s for my 260 remington; they seem to work quite well. Never had a failure .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I switched from Fed 210GM to CCI200 because in a couple of primer tests the CCI 200 gave me 40 to 50 more fps and reduced my SD and ES. My shooting buddy has come up with the same results for what it's worth.