• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

.308 Primers

Re: .308 Primers

Fed 210M works very well for me in both my OBR and 40x. This is with RL15 and Varget and 175SMKs.

The 210M's are a good choice. I use Varget and have been getting lower ES/SD with the Federals than the CCI BR-2's. Not by much, but better.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Leaddog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The 210M's are a good choice. I use Varget and have been getting lower ES/SD with the Federals than the CCI BR-2's. Not by much, but better. </div></div>

What is your ES/SD on your loads? I've been using 210M'S and thinking about giving BR-2'S a try.

Thanks

I was testing various loads with standard CCI, CCI NATO, Federal and Remington primers. Recently tried Wolf primers with the best loads with slightly better results on paper. This was using H4895 and IMR4895 with the same respective scaled charges, 175g SMK and 168g A-Max bullet lots, brass on the same day and same bolt gun. The result was I bought a case of Wolf primers. They work well and are inexpensive to boot.

Fed210 and not the M, or CCi200 not the BR2 are my go to primers, I have a 155 Scenar load for each type of primer and both are equally accurate and both loads have single digit ES/SD.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rickp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Getting ready to reload .308 175gr SMK and I need primers, what brand do you guys recommend? I'll be using Varget for powder.

R.</div></div> 427: single digit extreme spread? I'm impressed. How many shots in that string? I can get single digit sd, but never es. What chrono do you use.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Birdhunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Leaddog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The 210M's are a good choice. I use Varget and have been getting lower ES/SD with the Federals than the CCI BR-2's. Not by much, but better. </div></div>

What is your ES/SD on your loads? I've been using 210M'S and thinking about giving BR-2'S a try.

Thanks</div></div>

12/5 with 210M's. 14/6 with BR-2's. Provided your runout is less than .001, I doubt you will see much difference. My runout is always less than .0005. Both are very good primers, but your seating depth adjustments will provide the best ES/SD's.