• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors 308 Subsonic ammo

stan462

Minuteman
Mar 3, 2008
Las Vegas
Hello, Anyone have any suggestion on good subsonic ammo. Duty use for a Rem 700 with a YHM.

Thanks

Re: 308 Subsonic ammo

I doubt reloading is an option for duty use.

I know Corbon makes a subsonic load, I've not shot it but I bet it's pretty good, if their other ammo is any indication.

http://tinyurl.com/ye3d5fv

the lapua 200grn subsonics work nicely, but what twist is youre barrel? also as above corbon makes a sub load, and if they answer the phone EBR-engel ballistic research produces some nice subsonic loads.

Don't waste your time on the 308 if you want to go subsonic with the 30 caliber,,, build a 300 Whisper.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: m21black</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Don't waste your time on the 308 if you want to go subsonic with the 30 caliber,,, build a 300 Whisper. </div></div>

Might not be an option since it's a duty rifle and duty work.

Lapua subs are very good but will may not be stable on a factory 1:12 Rem barrel...EBR makes decent ammo that will work just fine in that twist...

I have killed more deer than I can remember with EBR subsonics. They are a little slow, about 900 fps in an 18", but they expand unlike other .308 subsonic rounds. I am referring to the Precision Bonded not the Thumper.

Thanks for all that replied. It is my SWAT rifle and I can not change. I will try the EBR.

Can someone list the email or phone number.

Thanks,

Hornady, Hornady, Hornady. I love there 308 162 grain Tap. I shoot an Eagle Arms AR-10 and hold 1/4 to 1/2 moa's all day long

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: m21black</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Don't waste your time on the 308 if you want to go subsonic with the 30 caliber..... </div></div>

+1

It drops 3-4" at 100 yards vs. supersonic ammo.

It'd prolly bounce off Haji if he's wearing a thick sweatshirt.