• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing .308 what grain ?

Grolfesst

Private
Minuteman
Jan 12, 2014
Knoxville Tennessee
what grain bullet would you guys use to hunt white tail hunting at ranges up to 600 yards? i know there are many variables to the question but lets start here, at bullet grain. then we can get into hand loading and type of bullet and all that. thanks in advance.

168 A-max
178 A-max
165 Scirocco
180 Scirocco
165 TSX / TTSX
180 TSX / TTSX
175 SMK

What does your rifle shoot best at 600 yards?

600yds in TN?
I'm lucky to find 150yds of open terrain in Middle TN.
Go into the bean fields of West TN, and you might get there.
Seriously, FCS covered pretty much everything.

If you had typed this query into the search bar, there would be a plethora of threads describing the answer, in detail.
Honestly the best way to search this site is Google. Something like ".308 Hunting Snipershide" search bar is a bit underpowered.

The above list I would say is a good one but in my experience taking off the SMK.

You can do well from 150ish up to 200ish if your rifle can shoot them well and they are a good bullet when put into meat.

165gr-180gr Nosler ballistic tip.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I wrote this in less time than it takes to bitch about not using the search function and feel I have contributed to the forum versus being a douche bag.

165gr-180gr Nosler ballistic tip.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I wrote this in less time than it takes to bitch about not using the search function and feel I have contributed to the forum versus being a douche bag.
And we all stand amazed at the profound wisdom you have shared. Thank goodness there are kind hearted and intelligent souls like you to impart this deep and obscure knowledge.

And we all stand amazed at the profound wisdom you have shared. Thank goodness there are kind hearted and intelligent souls like you to impart this deep and obscure knowledge.

Ahh here we go, yet another post that contributes nothing but to your post count...gee.

What good is a forum if a guy cant ask a simple question and get a simple response. Fact is that is what it is supposed to be about. The search function is shit. Maybe it as been discussed before...who fucking cares? Yes I've seen some pretty fucking stupid questions asked here but it doesn't stress me out.

The guy you help out today may turn around and pass it on later which perpetuates these venues. Kinda like Larry Flynt said if you don't like it don't read it.

Post count? Who the hell post's for count anymore, that's so 2010.

I have redacted the rest of this post because "who fucking cares?"

I stand bye my last post, thank goodness you shared such profound and obscure knowledge.

we hunt out on the prairies a bit….I know there are any number of rounds that will work and some may even disagree with me. But, I have pretty much exclusively used 168 gr. amax rounds the last couple years. Shots have been out to 550 yards and I have NO COMPLAINTS at all about the effectiveness of the round at those ranges