• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes 30mm rings

gary55

Private
Minuteman
Mar 28, 2017
what's the best... just kidding, I am going to buy my first pair of quality (hopefully) rings for my new scope. Please recommend rings at or under $100 that you are pleased with. I like things made in the USA. Made in Texas is even better but a stretch. Thanks for your recommendations.

You might be able to pickup a set of seekins for around $100. They will hold up as good as anything else.

If you buy cheap rings you could always use this genius reinforcement mod....

But seriously the cheapest I'd buy would be leupold Mark 4. You could always look at Tally, Burris and Warne rings for a cheaper option that should have lower chances at just causing frustration that cheap rings can give.

Attachments

• photo70413.jpg
    photo70413.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 40
  • photo70414.jpg
    photo70414.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Want great rings (30mm or otherwise), think: APA (alloy), Badger Ordnance (steel or alloy), Nightforce Ultralights (alloy) or Seekins Precision (alloy) . There are other great rings as well, but these I've used extensively and were trouble free. In almost any caliber under .338 Lapua, alloy rings are more than strong enough to hold up.

I tend to buy any one of those brands, based on availability and by the height that best fits the scope, mount and rifle I'm trying to fit. None of these will break your bank price wise, and buying a quality product the first time will save you money and troubles in the end.

I mostly use NF ultralights. I tried some TPS rings recently on a .243 I picked up cheap and, honestly, I can't tell the difference. That said, I have a new Leupold VX6HD 4-24x52 w/ the illuminated TMOA reticle on order, as well as a Vortex AMG, and they will both get NF rings. Probably overkill but I've never had any issues with them and they hardly leave any detectable marks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dude's looking for options to stay at or under $100..........

I almost always go with NF Ultralight, and sometimes Seekins. My recommendation is to both save up a few more dollars and hunt for a sale. At $100 you are at the cost of a few micro brews away from a set of Seekins.

Last edited:
Burris XTR 's plus you can set the moa cant you wish from 0-40moa with them. My first set went on a 308 AR, the next set went on a two piece based Rem700 way more room like that for hand feeding if you need/want it.

I own Badger Ordnance alloy,and Seekins Precision rings and like them both.

badger ordinance steel rings are all i use.

Got the Seekins from SWFA. 10% off Labor Day Sale, $100 delivered.

I don't have any experience with Griffin Armament's scope rings but I've been satisfied with the back up irons that I have from them, very good machining quality overall. This is probably about the best you're going to find for the price. I've used the Burris XTR Tactical rings on a couple of budget builds and they worked surprisingly well for the price. The Burris XTR Signature rings are the ones with the inserts, they're cool too, I have a set on a Burris XTR II and the system works for sure.

Last edited:
Dude's looking for options to stay at or under $100..........

That's the downside of asking for advice on the internet. Some responses are irrelevant, some responses don't address what you asked, and a few responses are valuable. You just have to sift through them. You my friend are focused. A+