• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

338 Lapua 250 grain Lapua Scenar vs berger Elite Hunter

babyguppy

Old Salt
Minuteman
Apr 17, 2020
Hi team,
I did a search and didn't see any threads comparing the two; or if there's a preference
Is there any reason people would prefer the Lapua Scenar with a G7 BC: .322 vs the Berger Elite Hunter G7 BC: 0.351?
It would appear the Berger (on paper) would do better.
The other possibility - people have their rifles sighted in with the Scenar; and they don't want to change (if there's a negligible difference)
Thoughts?
Mods - if I posted in the wrong forum; please move me.
On the other hand, using this bullet to go to a mile.. so, there's that part of ELR :)

I see the 250 Scenar versus Berger EH as being a bit apples and oranges. For hunting I'd choose the EH. Based on BC, the EH looks better than the 250 Scenar for ELR. But the 250 Scenar behaved predictably into transonic on two different 338LMs I own (Masterpiece Arms and AI/MC) so figure that in. We stretched the 250 Scenar out to 2400 yards before it got wonky.

Reactions: Duc
Both bullets have a good reputation
Unless you’re really pushing the distance with them I wouldn’t worry about the BC difference.

Reactions: jasent
Steel head,
When you say 'really pushing the distance'.. are you saying, anything over 1750 yards?..