• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

.338 Lapua Mag Box Ammo from Prvi Partizan

hugo121175

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 16, 2009
Near Reading, PA
http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=624352

Has anyone seen, or used this ammo? I would think for the price, it may be worth a try.
wink.gif

Re: .338 Lapua Mag Box Ammo from Prvi Partizan

Wow! That is a nice price, it will be interesting to hear what anyone who has tried has to say about it... I would be very interested in how good the brass is for reloading. I know some of the other Privi brass has been fairly soft which won't help in a large Magnum caliber like the 338 Lapua.

I haven't tried this stuff yet, but Midway USA also sells 400rnd cases of this ammo for roughly $2.50/round (or $0.40/round cheaper than by the box of 20). A GREAT price either way depending on how it performs and how good the brass is for reloading purposes.

I've shot about 200 rounds of it. It's not bad, but it's not great. The cases seem to be a little soft ( I experienced heavy bolt lift and some of the case heads wouldn't fit into the shell holder when I went to de-prime)

I haven't reloaded any as of yet, just have the 200 empties in a bag in the closet. I scored 400 once fired Lapua cases for a good price and bought 200 new Lapua, so I haven't had the need to use the PP cases.

The accuracy wasn't that bad, but not nearly as good as a 300 MK in a hand load. They did blow holes in an 11.5" cast iron plate at 500 yards though. And went about 60% at 1400 yards with them.

If you wanna make a lot of noise and maybe hit something really far away these will do.