• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

.338 Lapua vs. Refried Beans @ 1000 Yards (video)

Re: .338 Lapua vs. Refried Beans @ 1000 Yards (video)

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dP-xdq2tVOc&feature=youtu.be"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dP-xdq2tVOc&feature=youtu.be" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Well made video, thanks for sharing.

The slow motion portion towards the end is also a decent lesson on reading trace. You can see exactly when it disappears, versus its impact on target.

Can of stew would have been a better target...

Everybody knows real snipers shoot cans of Dinty Moore Beef stew...
wink.gif

How much wind that day? Nice shot.

That was alright cool good shooting.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lencomatt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How much wind that day? Nice shot. </div></div>
It was varying 10-15 mph full value 3 o'clock. I held 15 mph on both shots.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lonegunman762x51</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dollar store canned goods are great for this exercise. </div></div>

gallon cans of hominy are 2.50 - 2.80 but they would not make as nasty of a mess as the beans

Very good shooting!

I've never tryed killing cans ............. guess I'll have to go shopping.

Need to talk your wife into extreme couponing. You will never need another target in your life as soon as she finds these puppies on sale.