• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

338 lm Forster ultra 2 set?

dannyh

Private
Minuteman
Oct 19, 2006
Dunlap,TN
338 lm Forster ultra 2 set looks like they may just discontinued them recently don’t know forsure or if it was just one website did. I’ve not seen any sets available but my question was for the money is it the best set to get vs a Redding set of competition dies? The micro meter adjustment I wanted to try never had any using that. Anyway I’m leaning on Forster ultra set if I can find one. Any input and thoughts about them is appreciated.

While I don't use Forster for 338LM, I use them for pretty much everything else. I have both their micrometer seaters and their regular "benchrest" seaters, and have been very happy with them for the most part... the only issue that I have is that I think that my 338WM die narrows the body just a liiiiittle too much, as I have problems with resized cases not locking up in my Sinclair case holders for case length trimming.

Really, though, I like my Forster dies a hell of a lot more than the Hornady or RCBS dies that I have used.