• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

.338 rifle opinion

Bootleggn

Private
Minuteman
Aug 16, 2009
Ok
If you had a choice between a Sako TRG-42 or EDM Windrunner, which would you pick and why? Price aside, just referencing accuracy, reliability, etc...

Re: .338 build opinion

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PinkGunsRSilly</div><div class="ubbcode-body">AWSM .338 LAPUA </div></div>

Notice that wasn't one of the options.....?

Re: .338 build opinion

I'd still say that the AI rifle would be a top shelf choice even though that is not on your list of options, however given your 2 options here would be my thoughts on it.

The TRG 42 is a good rifle and right now (I think it is still on) Euro Optics has a great sale on them. (starting at around $2300 I think) The price will go up a bit as you add accessories like a muzzle break, bipod, scope rail etc. They shoot well and are an excellent value for the price.

The EDM rifle is good if you have a need to be able to take your rifle down into smaller pieces to transport in a small case or just plain like the design. It is a bit heavier and has it's own set of quirks but they are built well and EDM does provide very good customer service & they are fairly accurate & built like tanks. The cost however is likely to be higher and about what you could get a lightly used AI for (which again I think would be the best choice).