• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors 338+ suppressor recommendation

Mindreader1

Private
Minuteman
May 21, 2017
Anyone use a SiCo Hybrid on their 338? I’m wondering if it still brings it down to hearing safe - I’m looking for a can for my newly acquired DTA SRS running a TS 30’. I like the versatility of the hybrid and the fact it can suppress up to a 458 in case I want to get into the Cheytacs down the road. Any other suggestion would be welcome though!

My creedmoor suppressed does quite well when I don’t have the ear plugs on... I’ve heard the sico harvester quote their suppressed 338 run 136 dB, which is pretty quiet

Huh? What did u say. Don't be like me. Use ear protection. .22s and suppressed rifles damage your hearing
image.jpg

Reactions: Mindreader1
hybrid is a great can bit no where near hearing safe, or even hearong pleasant on a 338.

you know, I'm gonna say get a TBAC. buy once, and cry once when it comes to suppressing big bores

I have the tbac on my 338. It tames the muzzle blast and makes the rifle really pleasant to shoot. But I always put in ear plugs.

How is it compared to the harvester, Titan or the elite iron? Tbac is a huge want but it’s so pricy...

I've had an AAC Titan TI for the past 5 years and love it. It's relatively light and extremely quiet. According to the previous post and diagram it probably isn't hearing safe but I've never needed ear plugs while shooting it on my 338, and it's noticeably quieter than my 762 saker on anything 30 cal or less. I shoot it on a Proof TAC 2, which comes in at 11 pounds with the scope and silencer, and it does a great job mitigating recoil - so much so that with the can on I'm able to observe my own impacts past about 400 yards. If I were in the market for a 338 can right now I would definitely buy a TBAC though, simply because it's lighter and apparently has much less of a POI shift. I hardly ever shoot my 338 unsuppressed so I don't care too much but the POI shift is pretty bad, typically 1 mil low when I take the can off. Also, AAC was still relevant when I bought the can. Definitely not the case at this point.

Reactions: Mindreader1
I would also consider the SRT Shadow LMTI, I've got a couple and it's a great suppressor. Had my 5 year old shooting steel with my 338NM using this can out to 1150 yards, great recoil reduction and even better sound reduction.

It can't do 458 but it does 338 like no other. Here's some MilSpec and Shooters ear numbers.

Reactions: tinytigers