• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors .338 TB recall

High H2o

Private
Minuteman
Aug 18, 2013
Hey all,
Been lurking for sometime, but wanted to get some thoughts on the options for the recall. Mine are direct thread. It says on the TB website that:
" If you have a direct-thread 338P-1 or 338P, we will provide a brake. If you want to retain the "direct thread" functionality, please let us know in the RMA note."
My question is should I opt for the Brake or stay with the direct thread? I've messed up some threads on my lapua (am more careful now) I think the brake would be more convenient, but am worried about having to rezero when reinstalling the suppressor.

Any thoughts would be appreciated! Thanks!

i have 2 brakes from TB and 4 flash hider CB mounts. you will very happy with your results i know i am

I'm with the others... muzzle brake all the things. Part of that is due to the functionality of the brake as a mount, and part of it is that even when not shooting suppressed, you get the benefit of recoil reduction. Additionally, the chambers in the brake serve partially as sacrificial baffles to help reduce blast baffle erosion in the can (though as I understand it, TB's latest architecture is such that the DT models essentially have a brake semi-permanently mounted in the can).