• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors 338 Ultra vs Ultra 9

Bigrederic

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jun 22, 2018
Petersburg Alaska
I am looking to get another rifle can, but thos time for my 300NM. I am up in the air on a .338 Ultra or a Ultra 9. I am leaning on the 338, in case I even have a 338 Lapua barrel spun up. Ideas??

IMG_4365.JPG

338 Ultra and don't look back. I run it on my 300WM, MWS and 16" SAC 308. Sound quality is awesome and it's only slightly longer/ heavier than the harvester 30 it replaced. My 30 harvester has been relegated to safe queen status since I got my 338 ultra, honestly if it was easier to sell cans I'd dump it.

I have a 338 Ultra and a 30BA. Ultra is the lighter of the two. Ray has posted several videos of multiple calibers running through the 338 Ultra as compared to their other cans and the 338 Ultra is the quiestest regardless of caliber.

I guess my question was answered in this post. I’m getting another can for precision and have a couple other 30 cal cans so I was going to get the 9” Ultra 6.5 or 338 Ultra because I’ve got a 300PRC barrel coming for my Desert Tech. Everything being said I’m going to go with the 338 Ultra.

Thinking I should have went with an ultra 9 and a 338 ultra instead of two ultra 9’s. The largest the cans will be used on is a 300 win mag. They will be used on many different hunting rifles and I wanted two of the same so I didn’t have to have a Rifle zeroed to a can. with the minimal weight and size differences I’m thinking poi change would have been minimal as well if say I had to put the 338 ultra on instead of the ultra 9. Or between say zeroing with an ultra 9 and having to put an ultra 7 on if I would have went that route.

I started with an Ultra 7 .30 and will be adding the 338. With the Area 419 system, it's easy to swap between rifles and these two should cover all of my needs. Not buying/waiting anymore after that - lol.

Reactions: Bigrederic