• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

338LM COL for Sako TRG42

Bad News

Private
Minuteman
Oct 29, 2010
TN
I have a new Sako TRG42 in 338LM and just started the process for loading. I have Redding Competition Dies and bushings. I seem to find a lot of excellent information here for loads, process, etc... but not too much on Case Overall Length. The Sako will take rounds up to 3 3/4". I'm using Lapua and Hornady brass with Sierra 250 & 300 matchkings. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance..!!

Re: 338LM COL for Sako TRG42

Find your base to ogive dimension and record it. You can always (and I do) start at the COAL listed in the reloading manual. Once you find an accuracy node that you are happy with, keep the powder charge the same and seat the projos further out. See if you get any improvement. With the 338LM, do load development at 300 yards if you can. The differences will show up more readily.

Josh

Re: 338LM COL for Sako TRG42

My TRG is a 1:12 twist, so it likes 250gr SMK's set to 3.680"...... They get pushed out with 85.5gr of RL-22 at 2915fps.....
wink.gif