• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes 34mm AR height non-QD cantilever mount - in FDE?

rtpguy

Private
Minuteman
Jul 26, 2013
Might be in the wrong section, but have looked until blue in the face.
Short version - yeah, I don't particularly want to rattle can a not-inexpensive mount, while if I say I'll cera/duracoat it, it'll take forever and I'd rather be shooting.
Had an Aero Ultralight which has now slipped on me not once, but twice, on fairly $ optics - I'm done with it.

I have a Spuhr on one of the optics for this rifle, which is nice but amazingly doesn't come in FDE for the $$ in an AR-type mild cantilever 34mm mount.
Nor does Aadmount.

I'd pick up a Geisselle, but the nuts are on the wrong side of the mount for a left hand side-charger.
Larues need not apply.

Only thing I'm seeing out there is a ZRO-Delta, which seems kinda/sorta like QD(??) in the description, but at least has the nuts on the right (figuratively and literally) right side. Anything else out there I'm missing you'd use on a 2k+-ish optic yourselves?
1.5" optic centerlie height needed, non extreme but some cantilever needed.
https://zrodelta.com/product/dloc-m4-scope-mount/

Wow, long day, corrected title..looking for 34mm mount, not 35mm. Oops.

Last edited:
Have you spoken with Aero, seems like a flaw? Have you tried resin with the Aero rings? I think ZRO-Delta would be ideal, they used to be Alamo Four Star and I really like their DLOC, but never bought their mounts because they never offered in 20MOA, Warne is the only other one I can see that fits all your criteria but I can't see it being any better than Aero...
https://warnescopemounts.com/produc...ended-skeletonized-34mm-msr-mount-dark-earth/

Talk to CS Tactical or Mile High Shooting, I think they both offer cerakote services and can probably do that before they ship out to you, that way you can get the mount you really want and not have to wait long for the Cerakote job.

Reactions: rtpguy
Spuhr. They're available in FDE. Pretty sure Eurooptics has them in stock...

^^^ Spuhr does have FDE mounts; however, I could not find any cantilever design mounts in FDE, I think that may be what the OP found as well.

Most mounts have their locking mechanism on the left side. I don’t have a side charger but I cannot see how the nuts on a Geissele will get in the way. They aren’t that big, and they are kinda high relative to the charging handle

I think you're wagging the dog by pigeon-holing yourself in to a particular kind of mount based on color availability. Buy the mount that meets all your criteria, and wait the week to ten days for the cerakote work. It's a very small delay in the very big picture of things..

I think you're wagging the dog by pigeon-holing yourself in to a particular kind of mount based on color availability. Buy the mount that meets all your criteria, and wait the week to ten days for the cerakote work. It's a very small delay in the very big picture of things..
Very true. Get what you want and blast it

Have you spoken with Aero, seems like a flaw? Have you tried resin with the Aero rings? I think ZRO-Delta would be ideal, they used to be Alamo Four Star and I really like their DLOC, but never bought their mounts because they never offered in 20MOA, Warne is the only other one I can see that fits all your criteria but I can't see it being any better than Aero...
https://warnescopemounts.com/produc...ended-skeletonized-34mm-msr-mount-dark-earth/

Talk to CS Tactical or Mile High Shooting, I think they both offer cerakote services and can probably do that before they ship out to you, that way you can get the mount you really want and not have to wait long for the Cerakote job.
Thanks, didn't know that about CST or MH, will think on that route if nothing else turns up of note.
As wjm mentioned, Spuhr does FDE but not in a cantilever mount, and was hoping I might have missed a solid alternate option.

RE Geisselle - wish I could see one in person..I have little doubt it's a decent mount, but shoot an AUG or other non-AR for a while and you tend to dislike mounts with protrusions on the 'wrong side' ;) (yeah, I know, palm up...or find the right mount and it's just not an issue, let alone when letting friends shoot it.. :))

Missed the first part, but yes, the Aero slipped the second time w/rosin applied, torqued w/Borka wrench. Have a support case open, but really, what good is a replacement mount when it's now scuffed 4k of optics? May well be the combination of rifle (MDR) + mount, or - no idea. Have yet to have other optics/mounts slip, torque was triple checked after the first time, just going to write off the Aero mount off for my future use at this point.

Looks like the debate in this particular case is between the ZRO (I don't need 20MOA in this case as it's a lower power optic), or maybe an Aadmount or another Spuhr coated by CST or Mile High.

Is this too protruding?
Screen Shot 2018-05-31 at 8.40.56 PM.png

I have a Seekins MXM I'll be throwing up for sale