• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes 34mm Mount for AR10?

metalfarm

Private
Minuteman
Nov 21, 2017
Geissle is apparently never going to get theirs back in stock so I'm looking for suggestions. Something extended as I'm a big dude. Thanks.

Nightforce, Spuhr, Aero. Lot's of other's make 1.4-1.5" height extended mounts that you're looking for.

Reactions: metalfarm
I can’t seem to find a spuhr in 34 can you link me??? Thanks

Is spuhr the NATO style or the older 1913 style? I didn't even realize there was a difference until reading about it here the other day!

Primary arms has a bunch of geissele 30mm in stock and looks like a 34mm extended in stock as of now.

Badger has a bunch of one-piece 34mm mounts with heights that range from 1.3" to 1.93".

Reactions: Baer45
Geissle is apparently never going to get theirs back in stock so I'm looking for suggestions. Something extended as I'm a big dude. Thanks.

Not sure if you mean extended height or length.

Due to the length of AR10 uppers, they don't typically require a cantilever mount. I use an ADM AD-RECON-S 20 MOA on my Aero M5: https://www.americandefensemanufacturing.com/view/product/790/ . The 34mm version has a 1.55" from top of rail to scope centerline.

If you mean length, then the KDG Sidelock is a sturdy cantilever mount that is also 1.55" top of rail to scope centerline: https://kineticdg.com/product/kdg-sidelok-modular-optic-mount-34mm/ . I have these on two rifles (RPR and a Recce AR) and they are great, but they only come in a 0 MOA version.

Reactions: flyer
have two of these now, no issues and is a good quality. was onsale last time for something like $120is, so I grabbed another one to mount Trijicon Accupower purchased from a member here

Reactions: GhostFace
MPA Bolt Action, ARC M10QD-L, Nightforce Unimount, Warne, Desert Tech, Era-Tac, Larue, MDT, Burris AR Signature

I got new NF Unimount sitting here if you need one.

Attachments

• unimount2.jpg
    unimount2.jpg
    405.8 KB · Views: 38
I really like the KDG Sidelok mounts, I have four of them, two 30mm cantilever mounts on Aero M5s (LR308) and two for red dot sights.

They have the best QD in the game and are as stout as anything I've seen.

have two of these now, no issues and is a good quality. was onsale last time for something like $120is, so I grabbed another one to mount Trijicon Accupower purchased from a member here

I have one of these on one of my AR-10s, it holds a Razor Gen 2 and its damn good mount. As usual M.I. makes good gear...

Unless you have BUIS there is zero reason for QD, if you are considering the feature. That said, as thrice echoed above the JP is about all you will ever need in a mount and nothing you do not.

I like JP as well-I like the mounts without the giant Frankenstein bolts sticking out the side-like the JP-AAD-Spuhr-Seekins etc.

KDG sidelock has interested me for a while-I need to try one. I'd love to try AAD but I can never find them anywhere.

Drop the QD. It was something we used when there were clip on NV units and there was an idea you could remove the optic and use the flip irons in an emergency. Good on paper, shit in practice. Get a fixed mount and offset RMR or small red dot for backup if necessary.

Badger, you can't go wrong. What do you want in this? EraTac for sure if you want adj. MOA but it's very expensive. Badger has SN'd rings, so not lapping or any of that shit. Unimounts are already lapped for instant installation.

And I've never had a problem with a Badger. No slip, no movement, no problems whatsoever. It's a solid mount. Really, what more do you want? To spend more money? Hooked on a name? Give 'em a try at least.

Reactions: Baer45
The MDT unimounts are really nice and solid. I have a 34mm one with an HDMR2 on one of my bolt guns. On my AR-10 I run a 30mm Badger Unimount cause I wanted a 20 moa mount. No issues with it or any other Badger product I've ever used.

I just went through the same process x2.
I ordered another spuhr for a razor2 4-27 and a scaler works for a razor3.
I've never used a scaler works product before, but I've read a lot of good things. I thought about an other geissele or badger, but the cross bolt and a semi auto side charger is just a recipe for busted knuckles.

I've noticed there is a small but very anti-QD group here. I see dudes getting downright upset at people that run QDs lol.

Thats true....lol i still use them because i never had an issue with them other than the first Gen Larue mounts. I typically run ADM and now M.I. and yes i do still have buis on my rifles. Ill continue to use them until there is an issue.

I like JP as well-I like the mounts without the giant Frankenstein bolts sticking out the side-like the JP-AAD-Spuhr-Seekins etc.

KDG sidelock has interested me for a while-I need to try one. I'd love to try AAD but I can never find them anywhere.
One of the nice things about the KDG is that it has a smooth profile, nothing to snag on or hang up. To me that and the fact that you never need a torque wrench to put it on or take it off is worth the price.

I don't intend to use the QD for anything except taking off the scope if it breaks or upgrading the scope down the road. With that said, the Sidelok returns to zero as good as anything else.

Reactions: The DFC
One of the nice things about the KDG is that it has a smooth profile, nothing to snag on or hang up. To me that and the fact that you never need a torque wrench to put it on or take it off is worth the price.

I don't intend to use the QD for anything except taking off the scope if it breaks or upgrading the scope down the road. With that said, the Sidelok returns to zero as good as anything else.

That's why I run QDs more often then not-they're sleaker or more "de-horned" typically although I've seen some examples othewise. Thanks for the info (y)

I'm typically a Larue guy as far as mounts go. Its what I run at work mostly. I found a 1-10x RZHD G3 in stock at AA optics on Saturday and bought it! Received it today. Great customer service. I ordered a spuhr 1.5" QD cantilever for it 0mil/0moa (hope I don't regret that). I have never bought/owned any spuhr products. I'm putting it on a built PSA .308 AR 10. I let you know how the mount is. Good luck in your search!

Last edited:
I have a 34mm Burris mount that works quite well with a 34mm Bushnell DMRII on a DPMS G2. I'm disappointed with Bobro. Had to send both of mine back for screws breaking while shooting. They replaced them, but not what I would expect for something in that price range. A buddy of mine had the same problem.