• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns 357 Sig slide and barrel and mags

Hogrider2000

Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 23, 2017
TX
I carry a Glock 23C and have for over 30 years, and it has/is serving me well. But when I am in Deliverance territory which is where I hunt pigs I would like the extra zap of a 357 Sig.

Doe anyone know where I can reach out and try to get the 357 slide, barrel and mags.

TIA

Unless I'm missing something regarding the C model, you only need a .357sig barrel. The rest of the gun and magazines will work just fine. At least the 23 we have does. I swapped in a factory Glock .357 sig barrel and it runs 100%.

Forgot to add - there's a bazillion aftermarket barrels out there you could pick from. I went with factory Glock and bought from them. It required sending in a form attesting to it being a Gen 3 or newer/serial number and all that. I would just hit Brownells site, scroll through my options and for mid $100, get the one you like.

eh, fork over $500 or so and just get you a g31 or 32. messing around with different calibers in the same gun is a pita. plus poa/poi might be different, etc. grabagun has g31 for $520 in stock (i'm looking at a 2nd one...).

eh, fork over $500 or so and just get you a g31 or 32. messing around with different calibers in the same gun is a pita. plus poa/poi might be different, etc. grabagun has g31 for $520 in stock (i'm looking at a 2nd one...).
This may honestly be the cheapest route to take. I have a gen 4 G23 bought the OEM G32 barrel and nothing but jams. Bought G32 mags it got better. Bought the KKM G23 to 32 conversion match barrel and it has been flawless. Pricing everything out I really didn't save much at all. G23 mags will not run in m gun.

I gave the G32 OEM barrel to the RSo where I used to shoot for his Gen 4 G23. Same issues I had.

You may get lucky however most oif the people I talk to do not when they try and do the G23 to G32.

Make sure you have a new recoil spring as the slide speed is a bit faster and will affect feeding/reliablity. The 40 S&W to 357 sig barrels [or 357 Sig to 40 S&W] are the only drop in caliber conversion that is fully supported by Glock. No other mods are required. If it does not run send it back.

I will do that. I am going to contact Glock and have them send me the necessary gear.

Thx

How would the Sig .357 compare to .40 +p in a short barrel?

If you had a G22, you could get the extended G35 barrel that would stick out 1" from the end of the slide

This would be my choice in pig territory...
Heavy .40 Smith & Wesson +P Pistol and Handgun Ammo
180 gr. F.M.J. - (1,100 fps/M.E. 484 ft. lbs.)

I have never tried in glocks but cz, sig, m&p, hk etc are all fine with just the barrel (assuming you start with the 40 slide). I have run into issues with glocks and aftermarket barrels but also have some that have been fine. At reasonable ranges the sights are on for either 40/357 for the several I have.