• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

.375 GSC 355 grn SP bullets PICTURES

Re: .375 GSC 355 grn SP bullets PICTURES

"I will stop shouting, and back down from here."... I respond in all sincerity, it would have been better if you had done that a few posts ago.

- Noel

LMAO Please Don't LMAO

Well it seems you like to name drop which is no problem with me if thats what you like. Example--almost everyone of your post has either GS Bullets or ABS barrel shout out lol.

So here goes--- I know Dave Armstrong too...yippie yay!! I know JD Jones too...another yippie yay. Anzio I know and don't care for..yippie yay x3.

You asked was anyone up for the ULR shooting..I said yes and let me know when lol.

You have lots of info but putting it out incorrectly so here goes.

1. What is funny with Anzios' 5000yd claim is that he says 5000yards maximum range on his mag fed model but only 3000yard range from takedown model...they shoot the same ammo LOL and notice he says maximum range and NOT effective range?

2. The 1173gr SSK 14.5mm bullet design is to be used off a necked up 50BMG and all the testing of it fired from 14.5mm case are no good as the bullet doesn't like the speed it achieves going that route.

3. I have all the range and data from the CRANE test on the 14.5mm and 20mm systems so no need to ask Dave to divulge them lol.

4. That 1600gr bullet moving at 3300fps is barely supersonic at 3K much less 5k, so yes I can honestly tell you that it will not do 5000m effectively.

Thanks

Later, you asked for references, so I gave them. If you have read the report, then you know the 20mm has made hits out to 5000...so why question it? Is supersonic at 3k not better then what you are shooting now? Your webpage has 3k claims with combo's that are lucky to be supersonic past 2k (yes, I know some do better). Look at the .50bmg. If I can arrange a test, then I hope to see the 420 mentioned before reach 3k, and be supersonic, hence what started all this. I drop GSC and ABS in almost every post because I like too! I like what I shoot, it works, so...? Is this forum not for that? Isn't every response herein someones suggestions, 2 cents or another question to which someone is seeking advice?

I am up for ULR. Have a range here that will suit us nicely, care to come join me at Crane? Bring your paperwork and your A-game, I'll get you in. We might even draw a crowd! No incorrect data, so prove me wrong. Since Dave did the shooting before, I cannot say I have made a hit past 3k, so you might even have a chance!

1. I'm not fond of Anzio either, but I did gather reports from them, from their 20mm submittion for testing at Crane. The reason they list two different Max Ranges is because of the accuracy, and they use 2 different 20mm cases (the 20x110 in the light take down, and 20x102 in their 107lb monster [the 102 is more powerful]); reasonable enough? I've been working on improving the bullets though, that is my piece of it, so I know they can use some work. But either of the 20mm will do 5K when properly fed. The accuracy is what I had ABS working on, so yes, I hope we can improve the Max to "Effective" mark! Project was back-burnered, so no new news from here.

2. You are right here, JD's bullet does not like that high speed, but that has changed. Wasn't there when those were shot, but the original data from JD looked very promising. The new bullet design is...guess? A GSC! So when that money comes around from Dave again to fund the build, we will have this conversation again. Funny thing though, JD said he made hits past 3K with his 14.5/.50, or at least that is what was passed downt to me. Maybe you can ask him for more on that!

3. Noel, you started it!

Anthony,

I do not know Gerard personally, so I will have to take your word that you are "half the man he is".

This really is the wrong site to bluff. You will find knowledgeable people here, and you have now crossed swords with a two of them. In the interest of your reputation, and those which you represent, it would be a real good idea to cut your losses (remain silent). It is unlikely that you have fooled anybody, and if you push the issue, you will be embarrassed.

What bluff Noel? And yes, I came here because of knowledgeable people, but you are not one of them. You copy what others have done, then maybe add a little something different to try and pass it off as yours, or falsely "improved". Do not try to bully me...you don't even know me?

I have not crossed swords with anyone but you. You insult me, attempt to strong-arm me, and quite frankly, just plain annoy me. I invited Later to a friendly shoot, and I am sure we will both enjoy the challenge. I don't know Later, but I have heard about him, and I respect him and his opinion, and I hope he takes the invite as a compliment. I am sure I will learn something from him if we can arrange it. I didn't invite you Noel because I don't want you there, you would just take what you see there and pass if off as your own.

My reputation is sound, and I don't need your approval on it. If I am embarrassed here, as I have been before (we all have), then I will learn from it. Later made a good point, we all should laugh instead of shouting, and I admit I should listen to that.

I represent no one, I just speak results. No losses. I might be better off remaining silent, and at least I admit my faults, but I feel you are telling me this for your own personal gain. It is you who is trying to fool. I have no reason to fear debate, as long as you keep it clean, and you have not. Stop trying to be a hardass and omnipotent, just speak your piece and move on. Those products that I get all excited about will do just fine without either of us here.

Now I am calling you out Noel. Challenge me, show me where I have gone wrong. And don't just spout off some research you gathered from someone else. Why don't you bring your big guns around and embarrass me. You have already done yourself enough injustice here, not to mention your foolish comments like "secrets don't stay secret for long (wink)" and "tell Gerard I said hello". At least I am honest with myself. I don't make the bullets or the rifles, I just stand up for those that do. All I have claimed here is to be a somewhat informed shooter...thought I do admit to being misinformed at times. If you make such splendid bullets, how come I don't see your submissions? Where is this ZA375/7.0 being tested at that you some rudely notioned GSC and I copied? Your "irony" is thick. I think it is you who should cut your losses, as you should have done years ago with Lutz and leave this one be. I will refrain from telling you to be silent, as it is your right post as you would like here. Just curb with the "Holier then thou" attitude.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Extremist458</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> If you have read the report, then you know the 20mm has made hits out to 5000...so why question it? </div></div>

Here is the report so can you please advise what page it states 5000 hits??

http://www.dtic.mil/ndia/2009infantrysmallarms/thursdaysessionxi8503.pdf

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Extremist458</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Your webpage has 3k claims with combo's that are lucky to be supersonic past 2k (yes, I know some do better). Look at the .50bmg. </div></div>

Do you need me to help you read also? Please advise where I claim 3K hits?? My site list ballistic data tables for several common systems but does not mention "hits".

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Extremist458</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I am up for ULR. Have a range here that will suit us nicely, care to come join me at Crane? Bring your paperwork and your A-game, I'll get you in. We might even draw a crowd! No incorrect data, so prove me wrong. Since Dave did the shooting before, I cannot say I have made a hit past 3k, so you might even have a chance!
</div></div>

I will be there in March.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Extremist458</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
1. I'm not fond of Anzio either, but I did gather reports from them, from their 20mm submittion for testing at Crane. The reason they list two different Max Ranges is because of the accuracy, and they use 2 different 20mm cases (the 20x110 in the light take down, and 20x102 in their 107lb monster [the 102 is more powerful]); reasonable enough? </div></div>

NOPE not reason enough as the Anzio site directly shows picture of SAME ammo in both the take down and magfed pages so that must be another one of your assumptions
smile.gif

Thanks

PS: E458...we may also know the same person that Dave advised me to contact in regards to making my 15.5mm solids for my neck downed 20mm Vulcan with primer adaptors to run BMG primers. I will send PM.

Also--I have taken nothing mentioned as disrespectful as I hope you have done the same.

Anthony,

- I have no "ties" to Lutz Moeller. What contact there was ceased quite some time ago.

- You do not "speak results". The 7.0 caliber "sweet spot" of your, 420 grain, 375 is fictional.

- Your 6,000 fps MV from a "conventional rifle" is fictional.

- There is no reason to read malace into a greeting to Gerard.

- It is a fact that secrets <span style="font-style: italic">do not</span> remain secrets.

- I have seen no indication that you even understand the single invention, by GS Custom, which is truely original. (And, gasp
eek.gif
, Gerard is indebted to others for the engraving-band concept... he also copies)

- You do not know what features of my projectiles are unique, in fact, you do not even know what features are the same.
wink.gif

Your turn...

Dave told me about the 5000 hits, that is why I dropped his name. Ask him then. Sorry, but he said they were in the reports (he called me).

I do stand corrected. You mention hits at 2187, with a bullet only going 705fps, and although that does reinforce my point, I must have assumed from your charts you were shooting that far. Lutz's page that Noel linked was the one listing hits out to 3000m, I appologize.

The Rifle Anzio was going to build for us was a 20x110. Had to be, that was the project. When I was reading their report/brief, it mentioned accuracy was the limiting factory for thier take-down. I didn't bother with their website, didn't think I needed to. It is my understanding from them that they will do either of the 3 20mm's, but they only load the 102. We already had the ammunition. If you call them, I'm sure they will tell you the same. They made it sound like nothing in regards to what we were looking for...and I did bring the 20mm up just to change subjects, and for fun.

Yes, Dave did give us both the same person, but I am trying to do it on my own. No dissrespect taken. I actually admire your work with the big guns. So is it you that was working with the SUG design?

See you in march!

"Sweet spot" was from a design perspective, with the software we use. It has been spot on in the past, and no questioning the design, but I did say I don't have the rifle and range yet to personally test that distance. We will see, just stand fast.

6,000fps is not fictional, actually 5,900 to be precise. One company even loads them commercially...and I'm not tellin' Though I might PM it to someone I can trust. :)

I thought you said you didn't know Gerard, so what's that all about then?

Wink, blink or nod next time you say that, it makes it more effective. Or have I "said to much already"?

My understanding of the GSC is beyond your reproach. Yes, I do know more then one single invention that is truely original, but I don't even want to mention it...you have been phishing since day one.

Yes, drive bands have been around for some time, like copying a secant ogive, but he did make them what they are today. That is why Lutz went to him in the first place. And if I don't understand the least about GS bullets, it matters not; they work, enough said.

When it comes to your bullets, I have been hearing about them for so long now, I stopped paying attention. I know about your "secret" drive band configuration, your "Improved" point and boattail, and now cut from bronze? I'm honestly not interested, unlike you. You cannot shoot your bullets too fast or they turn into ducks; Teal precisly, you could not even come close to 4,000 rounds of barrel life, and you B.C. degrades too fast. At least that is what I have heard, since I have not shot them, but I might. I even know why, but cannot say anything more. And I can see where you are going, but I'm affraid to say, I think it's in the wrong direction. No offense, honestly, just hope you can understand where I am comming from.

Anthony,

- "... and no questioning the design..." (of the GSC/7.0). That is a rather large leap to make for someone who "speaks results". Your software is useless to determine a "sweet spot" of any kind, and you do not seem to understand why. The fact is that you know exactly zero about the properties of this bullet, notwithstanding the creative description of it's flight in your earlier post.

- "6,000 fps (from a "conventional rifle") is not fictional... and I'm not tellin" ... You would not mind putting one of those through a chronometer for LC this April, would you?

- "I thought you said you didn't know Gerard."... I said I didn't know him personally. We have corresponded. Your question?...

- "Yes I know more than one single invention that is truely original."... There is only one invention that anyone else is interested in, and paradoxically, the number of barrels that can genuinely exploit the benefits of this feature are few. There really are no "secrets".

- "When it comes to your bullets, I have been hearing about them for so long now, that I stopped paying attention."... Yet you seem to know all about them... including the "420" grain weight of the ZA375/7.0.
smile.gif

- "...they (ZA375/7.0) turn over like ducks"... Think again, but by all means rush your software generated "sweet spot" to market. Actually, I have no desire to see that happen, and once you actually fire one of the GSC/7.0's, I am sure the effusive language will tone down.

- "That is why Lutz went to him in the first place."... As I understand it, there was some exchange here. Gerard was unable to generate a Haack nose. Lutz can. It did sound like a bad deal overall however. I am sympathetic to Gerard's position.

You're right, I'm a goat, sorry. We will just have to see. Would be happy to shoot that round through a chrono at LC, might even do so in March at Crane. Have a nice day :)

-The goat locker

Master Diver, perhaps you can graft this into your pic so that all three rounds can be seen. This is the 338Snipetac GS 295 SP seated just off the lands. A real plus that you can reuse the box to hold 12 rounds!

23hpnyu.jpg

Thanks for posting a picture of this awesome cartridge
grin.gif

What barrel and twist do you have to stabilize this bullet?

Cheers,

Master Diver

Just my 2 cents, but I believe a 1.2 will work for long range. It allows the bullet to nose down well at that range and will readily tumble when it strikes. Yes, the velocity is key, so just curious, what speed are you getting? Powder choice, groups, longest shots? Thanks.

Sorry it took so long...

I actually wasn't able to find the GS bullet's impact at 1000 yards(914m) until yesterday. I cannot give you the 1000m figure as the this is at an actual range and that's all there is. I've been loading the 300gr lapua scenars and they seem to do well. My rifle, with a 30MOA base, has only one mil of elevation short of bottoming out with the scenar.
As I mentioned, on Sunday I loaded up a dozen GS-tipped rounds and proceeded to hold under a bit more each round. I finally noticed the impact short of the target when holding 4 mils under the scenars zero. Corrected, that's 3 mils better than the scenar.
I called Lawton and ordered the 40 MOA base.

Did a little recon in the area of my favorite shooting spot near the house. I've found a spot that will give me shots at hard targets 2000 to 3050 yards. The scenars are making the trip at 2000 but I only had 3 rounds left after the range trip yesterday. I'll try to get back out there by the end of the week.

Thanks for posting your results, do you think we could get some pics
smile.gif

How was your groups with the two different bullets?

Cheers,

Master Diver

Here is the NEW .375 414 grn SP bullet by GSC.
The picture shows the bullets before the Moly coating.

375414sp.jpg

Cheers,

Master Diver

master diver....I am getting my 375 snipe tac parts next week and hope to be putting my gun together....Can you get me any range data on the GS 355....I hardly ever see range data on this with load info and target results with the snipe tac...I mostly see smk's, lehighs, rky mtns, preditors etc, but not the GS 355. Any info would be awesome

Zman

Zman,

Dave Viers has load data and are using Retumbo. He is getting real tight groups with the 355 SP.

I plan to use N570 or N170.

My rifle is still at Daves for final tuning and export papewrwork. I will post load data and results when I get the rifle.

Cheers,

Master Diver

Masterdiver...the last time I saw a test group by dave I saw him post lehighs, preditors, smk's and GS.

The GS was the worst group of the bunch. And the leighs were the best and the smk's were average. I will have to ask him again about the GS 355's. I just have not heard of good groups with the snipe taca and GS 355s. I would like to find someone who has had good luck with the 355 so I can have a starting point. ON the other hand, he is have some great luck with the 414's, but thats gonna take a 8 twist prob.

cya
zman

I have not posted any results using a Lehigh bullet in recent tests. Predators, SMK and GS 355's have been tested in several rifle twists. The poor results on the GS355 bullet was in a slow twist barrel 11.5" made for the Cheytac bullet. The GS bullet is recomended in a 10 twist. Masterdivers rifle has the 10.5 twist and shot the bullets very good. I have found the 350 Predators shoot well in allmost any barrel i have tried them. The SMK's work good in barrels up to 10 twist. I have tested most bullets in numerous barrels all the way from 12 twist to 8 twist with standard rifling patterns.

I did a test with Lehigh bullets about 3 years ago using the 11.5 cheytac type barrel. The 333gn bullet shot ok but the 350SMK held a tighter group. I sent off a bunch of bullets to my customers in Australia, they ran tests to 2000 meters, the SMK out shot all of the bullets for drops, group sizes were comparable. The stated the 1000 meter test showed the solids held a higher BC vs the SMK, but the farther out they got the SMK dropped less. They were keeping the groups under 1 moa at the 2000M distance. (375 Snipetac rifles, 4 of them)

Dave
(Snipetac Designer)