• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

390 grain Hornady A-Tip load development 375 Cheytac

I thought guys run 570 with 400s? Im curious if u have to load more 568 because the kernals r smaller than n570

They might, but I think the 400s need a 50BMG powder. Go ahead and try it

I think the 568 is the large kernels like 570.
I run a 375 Rum improved, I've got some 568 to try with the 390 A-tips but I haven't opened a bottle yet.

for 375 RUMI I'd def try it
Ya I think it's gonna be a good spot.
In my case My load is essentially a case full of 570. I can get more speed before I see any alarming pressure signs but the ES/SD seems to go to shit once I start crunching powder. I'm hoping with the 568 I can run up at those higher velocity and still have low ES.

N568 seems to work well in the cheytac with 390 a tips. New 34 inch 10 twist barrel. Shot to 2365 today. So far so good. Adjusted the bc some to lign up at distance.
20231118_162714.jpg

That’s faster than my H50 load in a 36” barrel so you’re doing something right

I have Bertram 375 CT brass and Berger 379 grain projectiles listed in the PX if anyone is interested.

Reactions: Taylorbok
I’ve got a bunch of Bertram brass that comes with some free 352s if anybody is interested also

What g7 everybody seeing line up. I was around. 490 g7 in a 10 twist. To have center hits at 2365. Ive seen most say ab is .465 g7

I'm using .497 and that seems to work for me in a 10 twist

careful with "truing" your BC because sometimes the BC becomes a scapegoat for inaccuracies in range (beam dispersion), scope tracking bias (often unmeasured or measured inadequately to identify small errors), or velocity (less of an issue now that we measure each shot with Garmin), or other input errors.

Bertram brass 375CT for sale in PX if anybody wants any. <$2.50 per case.

unnamed.jpg

N568 seems to work well in the cheytac with 390 a tips. New 34 inch 10 twist barrel. Shot to 2365 today. So far so good. Adjusted the bc some to lign up at distance.
View attachment 8276026
I’ve heard N568 runs well in the 375 Enabler and I’m glad to see it works well with the Cheytac. I’m going to run some numbers, but do you mind sharing where you started your load? Looks like we’re running similar set ups with barrel length and twist. Thanks!

Reactions: StateOfConfusion
I’ve heard N568 runs well in the 375 Enabler and I’m glad to see it works well with the Cheytac. I’m going to run some numbers, but do you mind sharing where you started your load? Looks like we’re running similar set ups with barrel length and twist. Thanks!
Started @128 grains. Went up to 132.

Also mine is throated for the 390 a tips
Good point. My barrel is not!

Silly question...I've got some 365gn Badlands Super Bulldozer-2s and the a-tips. I was considering loading the bulldozer's, but I don't think N568 and a 1:10 twist will work too well here?

don't know about the twist, put it into a calculator and see what the SF is for your specific altitude and velocity, and how far you want to shoot them (past transonic?)

N568 would be fine for 365 grain class I would think, guys use RETUMBO and N570 for the 350-365 class

The new 410 berger lrht b something to test also. Hopefully they b available soon

I just learned of this from you thanks! So glad we're getting more options for jacketed bullets in 375

but with G7 .475 and 410 grains, it will barely keep up with the 390s. I wonder if it's going to be easy to load for and what kind of jump it will like and how fast people get them going and with what powder....maybe I'll have to give them a try.

I just learned of this from you thanks! So glad we're getting more options for jacketed bullets in 375

but with G7 .475 and 410 grains, it will barely keep up with the 390s. I wonder if it's going to be easy to load for and what kind of jump it will like and how fast people get them going and with what powder....maybe I'll have to give them a try.
Yea they said there really easy to tune but yea b hard to beat the a tips. Some guys r die hard berger tho

Reactions: secondofangle2