• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PRS Talk $3k Budget Tikka Rifle Build vs $9k Custom Precision Rifle Build

Watched the video series and it was fun. Running a new budget build myself I’ve been tossing around switching from my factory Bergara HMR stock to either a Bravo or a Xray. The main reason is to add the adjustability of the butt and the ease of adding weight, rail etc. That being said I’m wondering about the stiffness of the XRay. Staring at photos, the rear of that chassis/stock just looks lively or a bit flexible. Especially coming from a stiff stock like the HMR. If I lose stiffness just to gain a bit of adjustment on the butt, I can’t see the trade off. Do you find the XRay to be solid enough in the rear?
the other thing that bugs me on paper is the grip panels which look to have a sloppy fit with some sharp edges that the Bravo doesn’t have. How does it feel in hand. Non issue? or something that could be solved with a bit of elbow grease and abrasive?
thanks for the videos. YouTube is a labor of love and it sure doesn’t pay so I appreciate anyone who puts time into putting out good content. And I say that as a guy who has a “successful” channel of his own. Most people don’t realize just how much goes into putting this stuff out.

I have a Whiskey 3 and an X-ray. I have not noticed any more flex in the X-ray compared to the W3. You are correct about the grip panels. I do think KRG really needs to redo the molds for the grip panels. I did have to take the edges off of the grip panels on both my W3 and X-ray. What works well is using a utility blade to scrape off the edges and round them off. This worked much better than a rotary tool.

Last edited:
Reactions: Southern Custom
As a new member to prs shooting this was fun to watch, i wish it was up before i went to my first match. You set a great expectation for what the stage feels like. I shot my first match with a howa .308 hunter with a vortex scope. Impact was not something that i heard often but I see this rabbit hole goes deep and plan on continuing to learn and am currently trying to piece togeather my prs rig. Thanks for the video.