• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

3rd Annual 4R Rifle Club Team Hunting Challenge

Re: 3rd Annual 4R Rifle Club Team Hunting Challenge

got a map to get there BJ

Re: 3rd Annual 4R Rifle Club Team Hunting Challeng

'Just thought of something else; What if I posted the list on a separate thread and just opened the bidding on that thread? Then everyone could see what was going on vs a silent auction. Would run from Monday to Thursday @ noon just like the silent auction. '[/quote]

This sounds good!!

Mick

Shooting order

Not going to do the online auction. I guess we will just do it when we get there. So if you want to participate in the calcutta you need to be there @ 7 AM regardless of when you shoot.

North Range

1. Shane Woods and Colin Goodwin
2. Zack Ward and Ron Hatt
3. Tyler Whaley and Shae Province
4. Mike Harrison and Brian Leatherman
5. Jeff Badley and partner
6. Seth Opitz and Robert Codepony
7. Parry Custom Gun
8. Jason Christian and Sheldon ????
9. Scott Pringle and Jim Lowe
10. Lynn Campbell and Clint Biggs
11. Don Johnson and Dalton Earnst
12. Rich Emmons and Geordi Richardson
13. Matt Peterman and Jim Paul Brown
14. Little John and Bill ???
15. Ben Burrow and Shane Herman

South Range

1. Team Midway
2. Shane McAlary and Rex McAlary
3. Preston Pritchett and Wade Studeville
4. Sid Yoder and Mark Wagner
5. Bran Roberts and Mike Luckett
6. Michael Kerrigan and John Sam Krehbiel
7. Justin Shireman and Mark Carr
8. Dustin Woods and ????
9. Dean Morris and Rick Jensen
10. Jon Beanland and Tom Ross
11. Jason Sloan and Justin Ross
12. Jerry Newman and Travis Case
13. Eric Williams and James Christiansen
14. Gary Kenesick and John Saunders
15. Rick Reeves and Darin Johnston

Order will remain the same when you switch ranges. Speed shoot will be shot by both competitors immediatly after your first group of targets.

Someone also called about a travel trailer. I was busy and couldn't talk but I think there is an RV park in Gracemont that you can use. I will do some checking and have the info when you call back.

Re: Shooting order

Ok now where we shooting?

7AM to bet on your sorry asses.
crazy.gif
cry.gif

Re: Shooting order

Ok, here are the maps. Also if you see some error in spelling or you've switched partners or know someone that you think is coming that I don't have down let me know.

Picture002.jpg

Picture001.jpg

Just added a pair of Leica CRF 900 LRFs to the table. That gets us over $30,000!!

Doing a little prize jockeying to get some better stuff and just added 2 Hornady LNL power case prep centers.

It's getting close now... Can't wait to get there and put some lead in the air and hopefully bang some steel...

Keep adding BJ!! The tables looking good!

Ill be the first. Awesome match! It was tough, much more tough than last year. I know it humbled some people. My team included. The prize table was awesome and was done in a timely fashion. Good to see all the hide members out there again this year.

Thanks again BJ!

The 4R rifle match was a lot of fun. Got to see old friends. And meet new ones. There were 3 relays, 2 were 12 targets each at unknown distances. 1 was a speed drill. You were driven in a ATV (because Newman and Matt Perry are getting to old and feeble to walk very far) and when you got to the line your time started. I think it was 13 minutes to range and shoot. 
The speed drill had 5 targets and the timer started when you fired your first shot. You had 40 seconds to complete your shots. Speed drill was 2 points per target. UKD was 3 points for first rd hit, 2 for 2nd , 1 for 3rd.
BJ and crew done a great job and had lots of prizes on the table. A big thanks to all the sponsors. And a bigger thanks to BJ and the crew for all the time and the thousands of dollars they pitched in with the sponsors to make the table what it was. Please support them so they can make it happen next year.
To all the muggers in Texas, Geordie and Rich won the calcutta and had money in every pocket on there way home.

Thanks for the money Preston & Wade

Very good time. Even though my "A game" got left on the other side of the red river. We had blast listening to how poorly we all shot the stages. Matt and Eddy kept our spirits high( could have been the mushrooms I'm not sure). Lots of real shooters there that were left scratching there head wondering how they missed so many Targets. When your on Hot your hot and Preston shot lights out and Wade I don't think you need another spotter yours seems to work fine. Congrats to them.
Unfortunatly some sad news... we had to fire Mick from Team Captain Morgan for zeroing the North Range, we wish him well and perhaps he can find a new home with the Oklahoma Tactical Shooters.
BJ and crew thanks again for the hard work that goes into putting on such a quality match. The prize table was outstanding. See ya soon

BJ,
Thanks for a tough match I learned some valuable lessons. Look forward to next year.

Mick, for the right price you can put me down as a reference on your resume when you apply for the Okies!!!!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Jason

Awesome match bj, great prize table and alot of great people to talk to looking forward to next year.

as far as you texas guys i have enough to deal with, having matt and eddie in our group without mick!!!!!!!!!!

Travis Case/ OTS

This match was fun. It was awesome to meet all the great shooters and hear everyone's stories. Everyone that I met and talked to was very helpful. I know I sure learned a lot from the short time I was in OK. Thank you all for your hospitality. Hopefully we will be able to make it down again next year.

Thanks to BJ for putting on the match and to all the sponsors!

Their hard work made for a great match.

Travis I pay you the money we won calcutter to take Mick

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Outback</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Travis I pay you the money we won calcutter to take Mick </div></div>

Travis I'll throw in an extra case of beer, Texas beer that is!

Oh and a gag too!!!!!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Thanks to all the sponsors and to BJ and Adam you guys did a great job running it. Looking forward to the 4th annual

I had a great time. I'm looking forward to trying this again next year. Thanks to the sponsors and BJ and his crew for putting on an excellent match. Congrats to Preston and Wade. You guys made it look way easier than it was.

Well, I'm glad it's over!! Thanks to everyone for coming out and being patient. Took a little while to get going but once we did I think it went pretty smooth and fast.

Big thanks to Adam Roberts as well. He doesn't get enough credit for all that he does. I wouldn't have been able to do it w/out his help. This whole match was set up and done by the two of us.

Also need to thank Greg Ward for driving guys back and forth from the North range. Next time you come in I've got a little something for you. Same goes for Colt Sanders who drove guys to the South line.

Can't thank the sponsors enough. We had a helluva prize table. If you guys get a chance might try and contact some of them and let them know how much you appriciate them.

Didn't mean to make it so tough but apparantly we did as the scores will show. We had one target failure so there were 89 possible points.

Now for the results:

1st Preston Pritchett and Wade Stuteville 65 pts
2nd Dean Morris and Rick Jensen 50 pts
3rd Jeff Badley and Chase Tresler 48 pts
4th Jerry Newman and Travis Case 46 pts
5th Darin "DMFJ" Johnston and Rick Reeves 45 pts
6th Shane Woods and Colin Goodwin 43 pts
7th Shae Province and Tyler Whaley 43 pts
8th Bran Roberts and Mike Luckett 43 pts
9th Mark Carr and Justin Shireman 42 pts
10th Geordi Richardson and Rich Emmons 41 pts
11th JP Brown and Matt Peterman 38 pts
12th Don Johnson and Dalton Earnst 37 pts
13th Jon Beanland and Tom Ross 37 pts
14th Scott Pringle and Jim Lowe 36 pts
15th Justin Ross and Jason Sloan 36 pts
16th Robert Codepony and Seth Opitz 31 pts
17th Shane McAlary and Ted Conklin 30 pts
18th Little John Rogers and Bill Ellis 28 pts
19th Matt Parry and Eddie Clark 28 pts
20th Sheldon Black and Jason Christian 27 pts
21st James Christiansen and Eric Williams 25 pts
22nd Ben Burrow and Shane Herman 25 pts
23rd John Snyder and Gary Kenesick 23 pts
24th Mike Harrison and Brian Leatherman 22 pts
25th Lynn Campbell and Clit Biggs 21 pts
26th Will Hemeyer and Ryan Cokerham 21 pts
27th Ron Hatt and Zach Hamm 17 pts
28th Dustin Woods and Ryan Tidwell 17 pts
29th Michael Kerrigan and John Sam Kiehbiez 17 pts
30th Sid Yoder and Mark Waggner 8 pts

Preston and Wade put on clinic!!! 15 pts more than the secon place team. That equates to 5 more first round hits!! Nice shootin' guys!!

Here are some pics of the targets. Will post some pics of the guys a little later.

IMG_20100924_151052.jpg

IMG_20100924_151408.jpg

Turkey.jpg

antelopetrgt.jpg

IMG_20100924_145027.jpg

IMG_20100924_145611.jpg

man that looks like fun.. I am definitely coming next year!

Great Match big thanks to BJ and crew had some very tough
shots congrats to Wade and Preston you guys put a beating
on the rest of us. Also good to see alot of my other shooting
buddys. and last to all the sponsors unbelievable prize table
for a one day match.

Thank Jeff B

Awesome Match!

Thank You to BJ, Adam & everyone else that helped make this match happen. We had a great group of guys there & a absolutely Awesome prize table. Thank You to ALL of the sponsors & to the land owner also!

Congratulations to Preston & Wade. You guys put it on us!

Excellent match!!
We had a great time and I learned that my rangefinder will NOT pick up turkey heads sticking out of the grass!!

Thanks to BJ and everyone that put this match together. Thanks to all the sponsors the prize table was very generous.

OK, first let me say what I great job BJ and his crew did again this year! The prize table was again outstanding. Thanks to all the sponsors.
Preston & Wade fine job gentlemen. You really outclassed the whole field.

Yes I zeroed the north course no excuse. I choked! I'm sure I could come up with some kind of good excuse but I won't go there. As for you Mr. Emmons the only thing I can say is I do know my second grade math tables, enough said! Rich I think you had your "D" game though.
Geordie, 1/3 of that calcutta was suppose to be mine! you and Rich beat me there. I'll get y'all back.
Triton 19, thanks for the "team support".
Travis don't believe Jason on "throwing" any beer anywhere. you might get empty bottles or cans! I know Matt and Eddy are more than a hand full. But when the rumor got out that I had been released from team capt morgan some guy from OK by the name Gov. Brad Henry called and offered me the "Key" to the state. Told me how they needed a great leader and Spokesperson and how I fit the bill perfectly.

I really enjoyed the match, look forward to next year.

Mick

Good but tough match to say the least! Thanks to BJ and Adam for putting it all together. The north stage kicked my ass but I won't make excuses either. Didn't shoot my best that's for sure!
Congrats to Wade and Preston for showing us how's it's done.
Finally thanks to all the sponsors for a great prize table!
Scott P

Great match! Hope to be there next year. It was worth the money just to watch the Matt and Eddie show. That golf cart will never be driven more skill !

Thanks BJ and crew, it was a very challenging match, I'll be back next year!
Thanks also to the sponsors for the great prize table .

BJ and Adam, you guys put on an awesome match! It was a lot of fun and very well run. I especially liked that the shooting was remote from the B.S.ing and when you took your ride out to shoot there was no time to screw around. Hats off to both of you for staring through the spotters all day. It is hard enough to watch through that soup for one team's c.o.f. let alone the 500 plus rounds you had to call.

It was good to see a lot of friends that came in for this match. I don't think a lot of them had shot in OK since Bobby quit running matches.

The prize table was unbelievable, but I am sure that it was the quality of the match itself that brought these shooters out from all over to Gracemont, OK. If you missed it, you cannot miss it next year.

Thanks to all of the sponsors, but especially to Adam Roberts and BJ Bailey of Gene Sears Supply.
They deserve a special thanks not only for all of the hard work that they put into the match but for keeping us in Bullets, powder, scopes, and rifles as no other dealer in Oklahoma has been able to do.

Sponsor contact info

Alot of guys have been after me for sponsor contact info so I figured I'd just post it here. Give them a call or email them and tell them thanks!!

NightForce Optics:

Bill Bracken bbracken at nightforceoptics.com
Kyle Brown kbrown at nightforceoptics.com

Savage Arms: Brian Herrick is the guy at Savage
you need to talk to
Can email these guys
cmande at sbcglobal.net
tlocker at mindspring.com

Vortex Optics: maurice at aherngroupllc.com
he will forward it to right person

Swarovski Optik: greg.enos at swarovskioptik.us

Leupold: gclark at hgreps.com

Surgeon: info at surgeonrilfes.com

Zeiss: mattdevaney at hotmail.com

Hornady: mcanzian at dunkinlewis.com

Beretta: lkoos at berettausa.com

McMillan: 623-582-9635 Brag on Heather!!

Eberlestock: eberlestock at gmail.com

Badlands: deputy714 at yahoo.com

Benson Firearms: brandon at machinegunsplus.com

I think that's most of the big ones. Let them know how much we appreciate their support!!

Here is Preston and Wade w/their new Savage rifles and NF scopes
Picture001.jpg

Dean and Rick w/their new Razors
Picture009.jpg

a little better pic of them. Just thought that first one was kinda funny.
Picture010.jpg

Jeff and Chase w/their new Swaro 10x42 HD SLC binos
Picture013.jpg

Jerry and Travis w/a pair of 591 Surgeon actions
Picture015.jpg

Darin and Rick w/their Leupold spotters
Picture023.jpg

Shane and Colin w/new McMillan A5 adj stocks
Picture025.jpg

Shae and Tyler w/a pair of Zeiss rangefinders
Picture029.jpg

Bran and Mike w/2 Beretta CX4 Carbines
Picture032.jpg

Mark and Justin w/two Leica CRF 900 rfs
Picture034.jpg

Geordi and Rich w/their 6.5 Krieger bbls
Picture036.jpg

Matt and JP w/their certs for some training at Badlands...Lord knows they need it!!
Picture041.jpg

Don and Dalton w/the Hornady case prep centers
Picture044.jpg

That's the top 12!!

As stated by everyone else, Great Match!! BJ & Adam busted their asses putting this thing together.
It was tough, but fun as hell.