• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

3v CR123 rechargeable batteries

elwarpo

Still Learning...
Minuteman
Dec 15, 2011
North of Houston, TX
I like rechargeable batteries, the issue is they are higher in voltage and can damage electronics. I found out EBL batteries has 3.7v li-ion batteries stepped down to 3.0 +/- 0.1v. So I bought 8 and measured voltage at full charge and they ranged from 3.023 to 3.046 volts. Best of all they take a micro usb plug, so no charger needed. Even comes with a 4 way usb splitter so you can charge 4 at a time. Only downside is they have half the capacity of regular CR123 batteries. But at about $5 each and they are good for 1000 charges, they will save me a bunch of money. I have no affiliation with EBL, just a happy customer. I also like they can be charged by solar/car/generator so you always have batteries. I liked them so much, I just ordered 12 more.

Reactions: GhostFace
I've got a few of the Fenix-branded ones for my kids' flashlights. It doesn't take long to pay for themselves.

Just FYI you have to watch the sizes of those units. They are typically a bit larger than normal CR123's and may not fit in all devices.

The fenix ones are 3.7 to 4.2v and can damage 3v electronics. Pic of cr123, EBL and fenix rechargeables.
Battery sizes in mm (length x diameter)
CR123 (Rayovac) 34.30x 16.56
CR123 (Surefire) 34.12x16.59
EBL 34.11x16.59
Fenix lipo 35.41x 16.65
The Fenix is a 16340 and ⁰×will not fit a few items I have but will fit the majority. The EBL is the same size as cr123.

I bought the 3.0V Watson brand from B&H Photo. have been using them in my Surefire G2X, so far the battery life is impressive.