• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes 4 round sight in ..... why do people fight this.

Re: 4 round sight in ..... why do people fight this.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VJJPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Prebanpaul</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
VJJ I have no respect for you.... I have read several post on others threads, I respect you as a member of hide but will just ask after you post your response to this, please dont post on another post that I leave..... I have no respect for you and that was based on reading over two hundered responses that you have left other members.... You I am sure somewhere have left a post that has helped someone...... some where..... I just can not find it.</div></div>

I recommend a english writing class, write that down </div></div>

I believe it would be "an" english writing class.

Just saying.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Prebanpaul</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

VJJ I have no respect for you....

I respect you as a member of hide but will just ask after you post your response to this...

I have no respect for you and that was based on... </div></div>

I have no respect for you. Wait I respect you. No nevermind I have no respect for you. This is my brain on drugs.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
IMG_20120724_162528.jpg

if you are doing this.....you have a WHOLE set of problems </div></div>

I don't know... Isn't that the exact setup that guy on here was going to use to split a deck of playing cards at 1,000 yards? I believe that was the gear given to him when he was called to do those things only certain people know about...

Lol, I'm sorry. Just reminded me of that thread

As far as sighting in...
Whatever floats your boat. There are some ways that take a few less shots... If it doesn't bother you and is just a few ( 3-4)... I would say just enjoy the fact your pulling a trigger and things are going bang...

I seen a guy once................... Try to sight in his AR............................. I tried to tell him bump firing was not the correct way to get a 100 yard zero................................. What an idiot

I once saw a guy dump a brand new box of
Titelist Pro V1's on a public driving range and hit them out there with all the beat up, striped Pinnacles.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Prebanpaul</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I shoot one round at 25 make scope adjustments. Shoot at 50 and make adjustments. Shoot a two shot group at 100 and make adjustments........ not hard and works 95 percent of time....
</div></div>

What a dumbass. I guess the other 5% of the time he just gives up and says "Ah shit, I'll try again tomorrow. My Barska must not be feeling good today."

"{Whatever floats your boat. There are some ways that take a few less shots..."

Heard this one at the range recently....."I'll take it to Gander Mountain and have them bore sight it...." Now that is saving ammo.

OFG

I heard this is how Red Jacket recommends to sight in there Precision Rifles.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 105amatt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I heard this is how Red Jacket recommends to sight in there Precision Rifles. </div></div>

I mean you have to work up to such long distances after all. Well yeah because by the time you get all the way out to 100 yards with a Red Jacket precision rifle you are at the limits of the weapon.

Thats actually pretty funny. Would cost more money in gas at $4+ a G...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Prebanpaul</div><div class="ubbcode-body">lol I love the comprehension level in here......... obviousoly I was not talking about all of the professional shooters in here. I am talking about the person that does not have clue and sets out to shoot at a hundered and cant do it....... everyone of you have seen this person and know what I am talking about......

I shoot at a private hunting and fishing club with a range out to two hundred yards...... So we are not full of precision shooters only.............

Most of you I dont doubt could do your one shot sight in............ great for you....... I was simply posting an easy way to do it..........

To the people that say waisting 5 minutes to do this is making you wait....... You probably should not have read this post and waisted time responding because obviously your the only person that matters, and your time is way to prescious to even be reading this now.........

</div></div>

I'm sorry to flame you, but you are a moron. Please keep digging. I love it when you refer to our 'comprehension level' while having a loose grasp on spelling, sentence structure, punctuation, and the English language.

Plus you waste a shit ton of cash zeroing a rifle.

Maybe I missed it.

I didn't read anywhere where the OP explains how in blue hell it's any of his business how many of my rounds I shoot at my target out of my gun.

Operative word being MY.

My rounds, my target, my gun.

Until you are paying for any of the items in that equation, it's none of your business how I sight my rifle in .

bump....for.....a......good......zero.......method

If a guy needed 30 rounds to zero his rifle it wasn't because he was trying to do it at 100 yards. It was because he was, in fact, an idiot. Probably would have had the same result at 25 yards.

Using the example set by an idiot doesn't validate your time and ammo wasting method. I've never had to fire more than 3 rounds to zero my rifles at 100 yards with a simple down the bore boresighting. This isn't because I'm some "expert." I just used some simple common sense

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MontanaMarine</div><div class="ubbcode-body">On a proper benchrest, with the rifle bagged/supported snug, I've done one-round sight in at 100.

Bore sight, fire one round, look through scope and dial turrets to center reticle on the bullet hole.

More than one way to get it done. </div></div>

That is the way I do it aa well, works well with a .308 and a 14+ power scope. I can't seem to do that with my .223 though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: YAOG</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Prebanpaul</div><div class="ubbcode-body">lol I love the comprehension level in here......... obviousoly I was not talking about all of the professional shooters in here. I am talking about the person that does not have clue and sets out to shoot at a hundered and cant do it....... everyone of you have seen this person and know what I am talking about......

I shoot at a private hunting and fishing club with a range out to two hundred yards...... So we are not full of precision shooters only.............

Most of you I dont doubt could do your one shot sight in............ great for you....... I was simply posting an easy way to do it..........

To the people that say waisting 5 minutes to do this is making you wait....... You probably should not have read this post and waisted time responding because obviously your the only person that matters, and your time is way to prescious to even be reading this now.........

</div></div>

Just stop digging already....... </div></div>

I just want to see if he can dig all the way to China.
</div></div>

Or maybe Russia, because in Russia, the rifle sights YOU in!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: turbo54</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: remau308</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tigerfan9</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Prebanpaul</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I l seen a guy one time, bore sight his gun, did not realize that he had a cant on his mount and sent the ruond right over a back stop.............. </div></div>

Trying to figure this one out....how does cant come in to play? if i line up the POA (reticle) and the bore at the same spot, cant is irrelevant. not saying the guy didn't launch one but it wasn't bc of the cant.

You now say the people on here are experts, etc but called everyone morons initially but you still want to stick with your method of wasting time and ammo sighting in a rifle. </div></div>

Are we the only two that has noticed this comment? Should ruin all credibility with this comment alone. </div></div>

I sure would like the OP to explain this for us. </div></div>

The OP has not explained this, but it really is not that hard to explain. The OP once saw a guy launch a bullet over a 100 yard berm when trying to sight in his gun. The gun had a 20 MOA rail on it. The OP either assumed that the shooter bore sighted the gun at 100 yards or changed the story to have the shooter bore sight the gun at 100 yards. In actuality- if this story has any basis in reality- the shooter likely did not bore sight the gun, but merely started with the mechanical zero from the factory. In this case it would be possible to vastly overestimate the range (with a canted rail) and launch a bullet over the berm. The other possibility is that the shooter was not familiar with how to bore sight the gun and muffed it up badly. Either way, if properly bore sighted at a specific distance, the point of impact should not be affected by the presence of a canted rail.

I have shot a couple of shots & done the 25yd zero thing , and then stepped straight out to 800yds and hit , Opps , just lucky .
I normally bore sight in at 100 with most good quality scopes & rifles etc , but with cheapo scopes I close up to 50 to start with , it all depends on your gear etc .
that was with the data in the M40A1 manual , as I was using a MST-100 scope .

Later Chris