• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes 40 moa can’t too much?

DrewC

Private
Minuteman
May 19, 2014
Washington
I have a Atacr mounted in a Geissele 20moa Mount that I’m gonna slap on a new rifle which has 20moa built in. Is the 40moa cant gonna be to much for a 100 yard zero with a 6.5 Creedmoor?

assuming your 100 yd zero is close to mechanical center, you’ll have to have over 11 mils dialed in for your scope to be at mechanical center. It’s doable, but keep in mind being far from optical zero affects image quality and scope characteristics negatively.

Reactions: Secant
I have a Atacr mounted in a Geissele 20moa Mount that I’m gonna slap on a new rifle which has 20moa built in. Is the 40moa cant gonna be to much for a 100 yard zero with a 6.5 Creedmoor?

Depends on how far you plan on shooting. I shoot 1000-1mile and have 50 MOA in base and rings. You should be ok.

Nope ive got the same set up 308win though. and there is plenty to zero on at 100meters.

Should be fine, I have a 40 moa base on my Ruger Precision Rifle and have had a Leupold lrp and now a Leupold Mark 5 HD mounted on it and both zeroed fine at a 100 with plenty of elevation left.

Reactions: Zack_va248
I've got a 40 on my Desert Tech in 6.5 CM, and I still have 7 or 8 mils below my zero stop.

I’ve got 4.9 mils left below zero on my setup. Anyone care to chime in with what is optimal for adjustments sake as far as how being this far into the turrets total adjustment affects turret tracking ? As in should I run a 20moa mount instead to get me closer to the center to get my turret adjustments to be as close to perfect as possible? Or is it the same level of error ie 99% of true tracking no matter where I am in the total adjustment range on a mark5? I have 30 mils of mechanical elevation adjustment now. It’s overkill since I shoot to about 11-1200 max but if it’s not adversely affecting my adjustments I’ll just run it this way instead of finding another base/mount