• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors 400 CorBon...

El Wray

Sergeant
Minuteman
<span style="color: #333300"><span style="font-weight: bold">I'm considering a 400 CorBon barrel for my Glock 30SF, particularly StormLake's version. Any one out there have any experience with the round/barrel???</span></span>

Re: 400 CorBon...

What does a 400 CorBon do that a 10mm with proper loads doesn't?

I'm not a big fan of running shouldered pistol rounds because they can be fussy during reloading.

ETA: I have a G29 that I kept as a stock pistol for most of its life. I have put a heavy recoil spring in it to run the fast/heavy 10mm loads. It's pretty snappy to handle in a little package like that. I have a G20 that's I've run the same loads through, it's easier to deal with by far.

The G29 and G30 as well as the G29SF and G30SF share a frame.

If you have a G30SF already you can swap to a 10mm Glock upper and just run G29 mags through it too.

My biggest hiccup to dealing with these things is the uncommon brass and short neck, shouldered cases.

Other than just having something different, the allure of a 400 Corbon doesn't over ride anything about the 10mm to me.

Re: 400 CorBon...

It's not that the .45 was ever not enough for me, but I picked up a .400 Corbon barrel for my 1911, along with a set of dies about 3.5 years ago. I had to pick up another barrel bushing and a link. It wasn't a drop in either. Once I got it all fitted, necked down and TRIMMED some brass, loaded it and shot it, I was happy with it. It doesn't have anything that the 10mm doesn't, just a shorter length. Listen to bohem and get a 10mm. Ammo is more readily available for a 10mm(relatively anyway). Sometimes I just buy shit because it's for sale....

I did end up with a .460 Rowland barrel as well but that's a whole different story.