• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

40x .22 value

dgwelsh

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 16, 2007
Chestertown, MD
Whats going rate on the last batch of 40x's from cmp. std barrel, non-matching bolt reciever numbers. normal dings etc.
thanks
dgwelsh

Re: 40x .22 value

I going to assume you have the aperature sights and scope mounts, and its not USMC marked.

I would snap one up like that for anything under $600.

Patient seller with time and the right idiot/buyer, you can get nearly $1k.

Kinda ridiculous, considering the CMP blowout was only $350.

The last CMP "blow out" was $475 for the complete Heavy Barrel rifles back in October of 2011. The USMC rifles were $600. The barreled actions were $275. As for the price it really depends on the what the buyer is looking for in the rifle and also what is included. It seems the going rate keeps going up these days; since the CMP no longer has these rifles to offer. When I first started buying 40x's they were priced at $600-$800 and that was with sight blocks and sight sets. Now the really nice US marked examples are selling for $1200 sometimes with sight sets and others times without. It seems the market price these days would be $800-$900 for a typical CMP rifle without sights. If the rifle is less than that and it is in good condition and shoots well I would snatch it up right away.

Gene

Its most recent batch. USMC marked, std barrel, no sights just blocks. I paid $600 + shipping. Wife and I are trying to buy a house just thinking about cleaning out the stuff that doesn't get shot.
Oh well, it might show up in For sale section soon. Thanks guys.