• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

40x advise?

Rlbol

Master Gunnery Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 5, 2010
FL
So I finally found an 40x 22lr barreled action!
Now what??
I have tried the search feature as well as google but not come up with much!

Ideally I would like to convert it to a repeater and have it installed in a aics 2.0. I will us it primarily as a suppressed train and critter control!

If any one can point me in the right direction or the right threads i would be greatly appreciative!

Good luck. The only people I heard of doing a repeater on a 40x was Mike Bush at black ops precision but they have some troubles to work out and are closed down I understand. I think that you can search through the threads here and find some threads of someone doing a 40X in an AICS chassis.

Getting the parts shouldn't be a problem. Outback gun parts has most of them. Is it a 40X or 40XB? That will determine what safety you will need.
PT&G might have a bolt left. Other than that, you will have to check the auction sites. There have been a couple of people who have did conversions.
Check on Rimfire Cental and here for threads on the subject.

And a machine shop.
A Remington 40x sporter, which is what you want to build is at last sale was 5000.00 if you can find one.
You may be better off and find a nice winchester 52 sporter and go from there.

If I remember right, [MENTION=20064]orkan[/MENTION] had a line on a gentleman that would do 40x repeater conversions up in SD, but very limited and a bit costly. I believe it would not be possible to do in an AICS without a lot of engineering work for the magazine.

Found it: http://www.snipershide.com/shooting...emington-40xb-repeater-$2200.html#post2964819

Like I said, VERY limited. Limit two builds, and that was as of February.

Last edited: