• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

40x bipod mount

dgwelsh

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 16, 2007
Chestertown, MD
Got one of the last batch of 40x's. Trying to mount a bipod stud, but cant figure out what this rail is called. Can anyone help me out or point me in the right direction for what will work.
its not an anshutz rail or similar but is about 4 inches long and must be taken off to attach stud.

thanks in advance
dgwelsh

Re: 40x bipod mount

I removed one of the rail mounting screws and screwed in a sling stud made for wood stocks.

Its called a Freeland rail IIRC. My 40X stock had one. I purchased a Bipod adapter from Brownells or Sinclair International. I had to file the T-Nuts a little to fit in the rail but that only took about 15 min, and its really solid.

Hope this helps,

AS

darn it that would have been easier than what i did on mine, i got the harris bi pod adaptor that slides in the rail with the stud, but still have to make leather shims cause it was a gap on the sides. good idea

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DFOOSKING</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I bought the Harris adapter as well...worked fine for me. </div></div>

Yes the Harris bipod adapter is the way to go, make sure to get one for the American/Freeland rail. I got mine off of ebay for $5.00.

Freeland adapter is what you need and I got mine here. Good folks to so business with.

http://www.championshooters.com/store/product.php?productid=524&cat=&page=1

IMG_0722.jpg

IMG_0719.jpg

IMG_0720.jpg

IMG_0721.jpg

Here are two of my 40XB's with this mount and Harris bipod.