• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing 40x build threadd

LRI

Lance Criminal
Minuteman
  • Mar 14, 2010
    Sturgis, S. Dakota
    www.longriflesinc.com
    I'll stick this one in too. What the hell.

This is a Remmy 40x owned by a frequenter here who's one hell of a nice guy.

The barrel was stuck. No getting this one off. I tried heat (hot air gun) Kroil, ATF/acetone, prayer, cussing, etc.

So, to the bandsaw. . .

DSC_0022.jpg

DSC_0023.jpg

And now onto the lathe to bore the tennon out. I started with a 3/4" endmill and just crammed away. Now I'm onto the boring bar.

DSC_0028.jpg

Just keep picking away until I can get a bit on the thread with needle nose pliers. Then it's easy. Winder up like a can opener. This way we stay out of the receiver threads and I avoid a very uncomfortable phone call to a customer.

DSC_0029.jpg

And this is why we do this very, very carefully (especially on 40x receivers) The first part of the tennon isn't threaded, it's just a turned cylinder. I left just enough to stay out of the receiver and was able to just grab it with pliers and yank out the slug. (now an eggshell basically)

It's nice when chit works!

DSC_0031.jpg

DSC_0033.jpg

Now we do a little fiddlin with the action to get it all cleaned and tuned up.

I use a VMC (vertical milling center)for action work instead of a lathe. For me it works better. I can manipulate a thread mill to do things that I can't (or at least haven't figured out yet) do with a lathe single point threading tool.

First is determining exactly where the clock position is on the initial thread. In most instances this is of little concern but some customers want absolute interchangeability: Multiple barrels to fit multiple actions. Going this route makes it far less complicated to do so and still retain the critical dimensions. (breech clearance, headspace, flute clocking, etc)

2nd is addressing one of my pet peeves. I cannot stand having the first thread of a receiver looking like a razor blade. I'm clumsy enough and my hands often look like I visit a raptor petting zoo. With a VMC I can chase the lead thread with an endmill and make the thread go from root to crest across the radius of the endmill. Might be a little hard to envision that so here's a photo. The thread starts and leads to a full form over a .1875" radius (half of a 3/8" endmill) Much nicer I think. More durable too.

It's a common practice used in thread gauging. That's where I stole the idea from. (I'll never be put on trial for having an original thought)
    smile.gif

Last, pinning the recoil lug. Another pet peeve of mine is the tools for clocking recoil lugs. I hate them. HATE THEM. Instead I make my own lugs with twin pins and just drill the receiver face to index the lug. No wondering this way. It's going to go in the same spot every time and stay there. I like this because doing a good bedding job depends on it. My lugs are made in such a way to try and avoid scraping the bedding in the stock during assembly/disassembly. Radius the corners and profile all the edges. Makes things easier for me and I think it gives a better presentation when the stock work is done.

Ok, back to work!

Here's the action being set up and chewed on. I index the receiver position with a parallel. Just indicate across the ground face. It's held flat against the raceway.

Then I sweep for center using the ring to rough it in. From there I shove the mandrel in and sweep again to fine tune the center and ensure the action is "straight up" with the spindle. Once I finish fussing it's time to start chewing on stuff. Clean up the ring, bore to the new tennon thread size (I machine all Remingtons to 1.085x16 instead of 1.0625x16) Just ensures I get everything cleaned up.

Here's a few photos. I didn't take the time to sort these so the sequencing isn't correct. Enjoy.

DSC_0036.jpg

DSC_0041.jpg

DSC_0038.jpg

DSC_0039.jpg

Re: 40x build threadd

Here's a few more. These aren't in any particular order. Basically the action gets tuned up first and then the barrel work begins. This was my first 40x so I had quite a bit of editing and fiddling with the programs to get the tools to do what I wanted. Normally I'd have more photos of the action taking place but for this one I was more focused on making sure there wasn't a big "bang" followed by cuss words and a half pack of Marlboros. . .
    smile.gif
    All went well thankfully.

These two barrels are chambered in the ELEY 22lr chamber produced by my good friend David Kiff at PTG. The reamer has some flexibility in that it allows me to play with the throat length a bit. I set them up so that about half of the driving band gets "bitten" by the throat. This ensures good concentricity and allows a guy to still be able to feed the case up in the chamber with his thumb first. Very important for rimfire as its super easy to just use the bolt and that will almost certainly result in the bullet catching the edge of the chamber/breech. Galling the driving band is about like taping wheel weights to the side of a football. It disturbs the CG of rotation resulting in "orphan" shots. One of the reasons why single shot 22's are generally favored over repeaters. The rim of the case eats at the driving band of the bullet below it in the magazine during chambering.

I have to machine my recoil lugs when blue printing an action. I make them for a 1.0625" thread. The threads on this receiver are now 1.085". The lug won't fit the tennon without boring the hole. It's a fine line with having enough vise pressure to hold it while not grossly distorting the bore and machining an "egg" when the parts pulled from the vise due to excessive jaw pressure. Thankfully I've been lucky thus far. Someday I'll make a fixture. . .

The rest is just a matter of getting #'s from the action for the tennon size and documenting everything. Pretty boring stuff.

I'm starting on the stock work next. It's an A-5 bedded for a 700 action. More to follow.

C

DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_00014.jpg

DSC_00022.jpg

DSC_00033.jpg

DSC_00015.jpg

DSC_00032.jpg

DSC_00043.jpg

Here we have both tennons completed. You'll notice the chromoly barrel has a slightly different appearance on the tennon. One would thing using a CNC that they'd be identical. Normally this is true. In this case the factory barrel was set back. It has a pair of holes in the barrel for scope bases. (like an old Unertyl or Mitchel external scope) Since the owner of this rifle intends to use a big old NF the holes aren't needed so I fiddled with the shoulder/breech to time them up to the 6 o clock position. I wish I had a crystal ball to be able to "guess" how this stuff ends up. Haven't cracked that nut yet.
    smile.gif

Enjoy.

DSC_00052.jpg

Stock work begins. . .

A-5 McMillan originally fitted up by GAP for a Remmy 700.

DSC_0001-1.jpg

DSC_0003.jpg

As a policy I don't "skim bed". Guns I build are all done the same way for the most part. Pillar bedded using my process. In cases like this it means essentially starting over. I begin by scuffing up all the old bedding. Basically removing it. The use of mold release agents (in whatever form) makes me nervous so I grind away with a big air powered dremel and generally make a mess of things. I also machine out the old pillars. Sweep the hole with a coax and blaze away with a 5/8" endmill that looks like something from a SAW movie.
    DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0005-1.jpg

DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0007.jpg

From there it's to the resin table. Chopped glass, some walnut shavings for spice, and a nice runny epoxy to really wet in and soak the stuff well.

DSC_0001-2.jpg

DSC_0002-1.jpg

I finish it up, clean up my mess and then stuff it in the compressor room (cause it's hot in there) for everything to bake away and get brick hard.

Walnut shavings makes for a really good filler as long as they aren't used excessively. In this case the mag well was stuffed with glass to give the compression strength I want/need. Walnut Machines really nice and gives a lot of "grab" for the bedding to latch onto after I machine my inlet for the action prior to bedding. AND it's CHEAP! (that means free!) Dakota Arms is right down the street and they give me buckets of the stuff. When I worked there we used it for dry sweep on the floors to soak up spills behind the CNC's! Is it a sin to soak up spills with a zillion dollar piece of English? Probably. Some guys take it home for fire wood starter too!

Good chit!

Back in a few hours when this stuff hardens up.

C

Here's the action getting "dinged out" to determine screw locations. Also taking a snapshot of the tang that I'll be importing into the puter to generate an accurate inlet from.

DSC_000110.jpg

DSC_00036.jpg

Last post for the night as I'm DONE!

Here's the stock being chewed on and the whole bedding goopy mess part.

She's sittin there cookin now. We'll see what we get come tuesday night. (I let stuff sit for 24hrs.)

Nite germs!

C

Roughing pass to get chit out of the way:

DSC_0007-1.jpg

Finish surfacing pass:

DSC_0010.jpg

It's time. . .

DSC_0013.jpg

Interesting photo: My roots in this trade go back to international smallbore. The #1 rule I was taught about bedding an action was/is that trigger location is EVERYTHING. This photo illustrates the point. The original action was a Remmy 700. Essentially identical to the 40x. Notice the differences in locations for bolt handle and ejection port. I have average hands for a man and my experience as a firearms instructor tells me that the pad of the trigger finger is the only part that should contact. Not the "wrap around" trick common with AR-15 guns due to the trigger shoe being so close to the grip.

The only reason I can see for bedding the first action so far back was that it made it easy for blending the tang area. That and that's how the stock was inletted to begin with. I have a feeling it was a factory inlet.

Little things matter. . .

DSC_0019.jpg

DSC_0017.jpg

And now were all masked up and the inlet has a nice pool of goop.
    Notice what it doesn't have? Swirls, voids, and big nasty bubbles. Now the trained eye will see a few bubbles here and there. This is where a looong working time comes into play. If it has one you can allow it to sit and wait for these pesky little chits to rise up and be dealt with. The quick setting stuff makes that a bit more challenging. (hint hint)

Finally got the action in the stock. She's taped off to keep things put (without so much pressure that it'll distort the stock/action) and a little cleanup work. Double/triple check everything with a level to make sure were pointing in the right directions.

Were DONE!

Trial fit:
    DSC_0020.jpg

Nite!

C
    DSC_0025-1.jpg

Great- Pass fail course- lol Better read that alot of classes- Thank You

Looks awesome! I may have to send you my own Rem40XB and McMillan HTG stock if you're taking on new work...

Got to the shop early this morning. Everything looks good so far. The resin is hard enough for me to dig the clay out, but I'll leave it sit till this evening to ensure its fully cured.

Nice and cool in the shop. I like that. The "slow cooking" seems to reduce shrinkage a bit. (talking gillionths here)

More to come!

C

yeah, it's cured.

Looks good. When I have a little more time I'll catch this back up.

Big photo dog n pony thingy today. State Economic Development Board is here taking pics of the shop and stuff.

Cool, flattering, but distracting. . .

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your work. I think your work will raise the bar for others to strive for. I know it makes me look harder at what I do.

I too would like to thank you for you indepth and very informative posts. I realy enjoy them , as I have been addicted to the precision rifle thing sence I was 9 or 10 years old. Your attention to detail is as it should be , #1 prioriaty and it shows in your work. I am very impressed and cant wait for more. Keep up the good work!

Allrighty, a few updates:

I like to think I've earned the right to say that I'm a stickler for certain details. That being said I also feel that from time to time a demonstration is a good way to qualify it.

I wish a world existed where every bedding job came out as well as the next. Maybe in candyland. . .

This rifle is being bedded again. What initially looked good was a bit dissappointing as I found inclusions that I won't allow. below is the photo. It doesn't happen very often, but it does happen.

So, back to square one. I basically repeated the process of setting the stock back up in the mill and machining it all over again. The only difference is that the pillars need to come out first as they would really raise hell with my tooling if I ran it like a virgin stock.

So, here's a few pics. Hopefully the next time around will be better.

Little bastage pinholes. . . FINKS!
    DSC_0005-3.jpg

After machining (again!)

DSC_0006-2.jpg

Redemption.

I made a few little changes in my process. Seemed to work good. The two guns I did last night came out real nice.

Me likes.

Onto the mill and getting this biche wrapped up today.

Woo hoos!

DSC_0002-5.jpg

DSC_0005-4.jpg

DSC_0006-3.jpg

DSC_0003-2.jpg

DSC_0007-2.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: toolmaker64</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WTF! No CNC band saw? </div></div>

Cute.
    smile.gif

Pardon my ignorance, but what is the fixture attached to the scope rail in the pic above and what is the purpose of all of the clay in the bedded action channel?

BTW, I really enjoy seeing your posts - very inspirational. Thanks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: an1913t</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Pardon my ignorance, but what is the fixture attached to the scope rail in the pic above and what is the purpose of all of the clay in the bedded action channel?

BTW, I really enjoy seeing your posts - very inspirational. Thanks. </div></div>

Not my stuff, but the fixture looks like a jack block for pulling the receiver straight from the bedding. The clay is packed into the action to keep the bedding from getting into the action and forming a mechanical lock.

Indeed. The fixture is my "action jack" to make life simpler for pulling an action from a stock after the resin has cured.

The clay (again regurgitating information here) is to keep bedding where it belongs. Resin will _uck you every chance it gets. A couple packs of Klean Klay from Brownells (best stuff they sell IMO) will go a long way to saving the hairs on your head.

when pulling the action the clay has a habit of pulling from the receiver, hence the big tumor of crap in the stock. A wooden Popsicle stick works great here as it won't chew up the bedding.

Have a great T.G. everyone.

C

Thanks for the detailed thread. Very nice of you to photo-doc the whole process and take time to share.

Bill I just finished up both the barrels. X cuts and crowns are done. I went with a no frills 11* tgt crown. Everything went extremely well. (once I found the dern collet I misplaced!)

Only thing left is some engraving, the bolt knob, and inletting for the bolt handle on the stock. I have a little fluff n buff to do on the action before it goes out to coating. Just going to massage a few of the deeper nicks out of it.

Getting real close to wrapping this bugger up. Gimme a call when you can as I have a ? or two for ya'.

Nite nite.

C

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: C. Dixon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Almost as nice as your Avatar, lol.

Have a great T.G. everyone.

C </div></div>

+1 on the avatar Kenda. Mercedes Ashley is here name I believe(the girl in the avatar that is).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: C. Dixon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    DSC_00014.jpg

</div></div>

Why do you machine some of the threads out of the front of the receiver?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mdesign</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: C. Dixon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    DSC_00014.jpg

</div></div>

Why do you machine some of the threads out of the front of the receiver? </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: C. Dixon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">2nd is addressing one of my pet peeves. I cannot stand having the first thread of a receiver looking like a razor blade. I'm clumsy enough and my hands often look like I visit a raptor petting zoo. With a VMC I can chase the lead thread with an endmill and make the thread go from root to crest across the radius of the endmill. Might be a little hard to envision that so here's a photo. The thread starts and leads to a full form over a .1875" radius (half of a 3/8" endmill) Much nicer I think. More durable too.

C </div></div>

It helps to read the tread too, not just look at the pretty pictures.
    laugh.gif

What began as a modest project of cutting the barrel to 20", installing a Nesika type bolt release, and installing a tactical bolt knob on the original barreled action has grown into a full blown rebuild.

First, the barrel would not come off without risk of bending the action, so I agreed to a cutoff and rechamber of the original barrel. Then, once Chad had the action in hand for dimensioning, he determined there wasn't quite enough meat behind the lug recess for a functional side bolt release so we scrapped that idea. Then I agreed to the addition of a Mark Chanlynn rimfire blank that Chad had on hand.

Later, I decided to go full bore and sent Chad a Kiff rimfire bolt, a Jewell HVR trigger, my A-5 stock and BO bottom metal (left over from a GAP 223 700 that was restocked with an AICS 2.0), and my Murphy Precision 20 MOA base.

Jon Beanland is doing the CeraKoting and Chad will have a local guy paint the stock. Soon, this puppy will be coming home to Papa.

Chad has "sick" skills and has been a joy to deal with. He has strong beliefs on what works and what doesn't but so do all top level smiths. I've had numerous custom rifles built since 1991 but never had this level of feedback and documentation provided.

I'll post some finished pics when the rifle is home and the NF NXS scope is mounted.

Thank you, Chad. It's been a hell of a ride.

last item on the stock before trial assy and getting her off to paint.

Gotta inlet the bolt handle. The Kiff 40x bolts have a little different handle geometry than the stocker Remmy.

Here's step one. Just a rinky dink digital photo of the action's ass end with the bolt in battery. Now onto step two. . .(this is so cool!)

DSC_0002-7.jpg

Now for the cool part. Rastorizing this into the software to get some digits (in this case angles) Measuring this stuff accurately in a manner that's easily used can be a real pain in the butt sometimes. In this case the puter does the bulk of the work for me. I now know what angle the bolt handle is at in relationship to the vertical axis of the action. (almost 51 degrees in this case) From here it's a simple function to generate the surface model of the handle to drive a tool path with. (this stuff used to take me HOURS to kink out longhand on the puter.)

DSC_0003-3.jpg

Model:

DSC_0004-3.jpg

Notice the zigity lines? This is the tool path. Notice how it hovers over the top of the part? Now why is that you think? Because I'm traveling in a negative Z axis and using a flat bottomed end mill (1/8") the trailing edge of the tool is actually cutting the bottom surface. Because of that the software compensates the tool movement so that it doesn't end up machining too deep in the stock.

SAWEET!

Ok, now for setups n stuff.

Stocks in the mill. For a light duty job like this there's no reason to muscle the big fixture onto the table. A 6" Kurt vise will do just fine. Make sure she's square to the machine, set up a tool, and let her rip.

DSC_0005-5.jpg

DSC_0006-4.jpg

DSC_0007-3.jpg

DSC_0008-2.jpg

DSC_0009-1.jpg

And that my friends is how I machine a bolt handle inlet on a stock. This is an easy example since it's straight. The ones like Nesika's, Defiance's take a little more time as there's a little more complexity to the surface model. Thankfully I have those already worked out. (Ugggghhh!)

Gnite, this thing's about wrapped up one. Gotta engrave the calibers on the barrels and that's about it.

Trial assembly (finally!)

Everything looks good so far. I've got some little issues like shortening the base screws so they don't eat the barrel, but that's about it. You'll notice in the pics that the hardware seems to sit a bit proud and the bolt inlet and ejection port inlets are wider than the parts they marry up to. This is by design. Once the paint is on the stock everything "catches back up" and it looks 1:1.

Little things. . .

Now the final fluff n buff so it can get out to the painters.

Woo Hoo!

DSC_0011-1.jpg

DSC_0012-1.jpg

DSC_0013-1.jpg

DSC_0014-1.jpg

DSC_0015-1.jpg

DSC_0016-1.jpg

DSC_0017-1.jpg

Thanks for the details, Looks like it will shoot lights out now. Be sure to post pics of finished weapon and targets.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: B. Melick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks awesome! I may have to send you my own Rem40XB and McMillan HTG stock if you're taking on new work... </div></div>

As stated before, I am still contemplating sending my own project to you, especially now that I see the end product...

Getting all the final fitting stuff done on this bugger today.

The floor metal proved to be a bit of an issue. At some point in its life it was deemed necessary for someone to whittle on this thing. the counterbore that registers the latch spring for the floor plate was fuggered with and it wouldn't work anymore. There was nothing to make the spring compress and hold the latch lever closed.

So, what do to? My initial instinct was to fill the hole with silver solder and just machine it again. I elected not to because it's in kind of a tough spot and I was concerned the solder might flow someplace I couldn't clean up well.

So I decided to cross pin it with a 1/8" dowel. Locating the spot to drill (using an endmill since it was an interrupted cut and a drill would have just wandered) was easy and straight forward. I decided to hide the hole (since the action is being coated) by filling it with a dab of silver solder. Through the course of the fix I discovered a few pits and low spots so I went ahead and filled them as well. Makes for a good repair I think and when the ceracoat is applied everything will be hidden so no one'll be the wiser.

Here's the work in progress from start to finish.

DSC_0024-2.jpg

DSC_0025-3.jpg

DSC_0028-2.jpg

DSC_0030-1.jpg

DSC_0031.jpg

DSC_0032.jpg

DSC_0034.jpg

DSC_0035.jpg

And here it is fully assembled to better illustrate:

DSC_0001-1.jpg

DSC_0002.jpg

B. Melick, if you plan to re-use your factory barrel, you may want to talk to Chad first. He cut and re-chambered my factory barrel. After truing the receiver threads and cutting the factory barrel threads oversized to match, there was not enough meat left on the barrel tenon to please him. This was intended to be a switch-barrel rig but we decided not to use the factory barrel and go with the Chanlynn barrel.

I've had a number of 700 and 40X CF rifles trued over the years but the rimfire is a slightly different animal. This is Chad's and my first 40X Rimfire and we're both learning a bit on this one. After a few detours and speed bumps, what began as a cut the 28" factory barrel to 20", bolt knob addition to factory bolt, and bolt release addition to the action is ending up as a Chanlynn custom barrel, Kiff bolt, no bolt release, and new bedding and paint for A-5 stock.

I grew tired of waiting for all those custom rimfire actions to appear so I sprang for the 40X. It shot pretty danged good as a 28" barrel in the recycled GAP stock. After this top drawer rebuild, I've no doubt that this new set up will shoot lights out. I surely hope so: I paid $935 for the 40X and ended up using only the Receiver.
    cry.gif
    blush.gif

Oky doky, I should have left to the range already.

The PTG bolt was being a bit of a chit. The extractor wasn't cooperating very well.

I was starting to get paranoid and think the H/S was off. It's not I checked again. Right at .041".

My next level of paranoia came from thinking the extractor cuts in the barrel weren't deep enough. A quick check with the factory bolt and wala it yanks em right out. Rather that try to engineer the wheel again I just switched em out. Now she runs great.

So, were off to get some shootin in. Two boxes of Eley black box standing by.

Nothing like a little overkill. This is my shop "beater" scope. A 12-42 X 56mm NF. Rimfires are cool with this thing. If the lights right I can watch the bullet all the way to the tgt.

DSC_0003-4.jpg

DSC_0005-6.jpg

DSC_0004-4.jpg

Back in a few. Great shootin weather today so I'm takin advantage.

Groups to follow.

C

Just returned from the range.

I think this may very well settle any debate over whether or not a Remington 40X action is capable of exceptional accuracy. A pic is worth a 1000 words so I'm told so we'll let them speak for themselves.

Spearfish, SD rifle and pistol range. About 3500ft elevation and a "balmy" 27*F today according to my Tahoe's thermometer. Winds were light. Blowing 9 to 3 somewhere's between nothing and a Swagged 7mph. This range is kinda funky. The wind doesn't really do much till about the 60 yard mark. There's a break in the treeline to the left of the fence and it sneaks through there. Still, not a bad place to shoot. Most who loiter here are pretty decent folks. Very, very few idiots.

DSC_0006-5.jpg

DSC_0007-4.jpg

About 10 rounds were shot over the target carriage at the impact berm just to get the sights reasonably close. Once I had confidence of where things were pointing I transitioned to paper.

Starting at the top left I just did some shooting to see where things were really pointing and to get a feel for the gun. Once I had an idea of where it wanted to shoot I made a correction and moved to the next target.

DSC_0008-3.jpg

Here I began shooting a long string just to see when the barrel was going to start settling down. Rimfires tend to take a bit as their is almost no heat or pressure to nick the little burrs off the throat. This one (and why I loooovvvvvvveeeeee Mark Chanlynn barrels) began to settle down quicker than usual. Notice the random star constellations that suddenly start forming a black hole. This is after around 25 rounds or so.
    DSC_0010-1.jpg

Now I started to get serious. I made another zero shift to get things timed up a little better and went for it. 10 shots fired in a continuous cadence giving no consideration to wind. I was rather pleased at the conclusion.

DSC_0011-2.jpg

Ok, pack things up and a 20 minute drive back to the shop. Here's the digits for the number guys:

Extreme outside to outside of .418" for elevation and .875" for left/right. The elevation is what I really care about. A gun that will hold an extreme spread of less than a half minute at 100 is doing really well. Subtract a bullet diameter (.224") and we have a 22 rimfire holding a staggering .194" for elevation at 100 yards. That's just over 3/16MOA.

Not bad.

Windage was a little different. The pickups/letoffs were pretty obvious but not enough for me to try and chase it. I just wanted to see elevation. When I shot the 2nd group to get the barrel settled down the elevation and windage were both pretty good (less than a half minute) so I'm not the least concerned.

Bill, I think we have a shooter buddy. Off to the paint shop now. Get that eye healed up and knock em dead!

Enjoy your Sunday everyone. I sure did!

C
    DSC_0013-2.jpg

DSC_0014-2.jpg

Nice work! I really enjoyed your post. It gives the non-smith kinds like me a good look what is involved in making a 40X reach it's potiential. Thanks for sharing, and great looking stick. JPG

This thread makes me feel borderline retarded. Your attention to detail is scary...

Outstanding, Chad. If she likes my Wolf Match ammo as well as your Eley I'm gonna be a happy camper. Great job.

Been a long six months but well worth the wait.

any progress?

the work you put into these rifles is OUTSTANDING.. if only I lived closer I'd get you to do a once over on a few rifles that I own..