• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

40x parts

murray

Private
Minuteman
Dec 21, 2003
PA
I picked up a barreled receiver an just realized I am going to need quite a few parts. Anyone know where to pick up 40x parts? Does Remington still stock parts for them?

Re: 40x parts

like 750 says Dave at PTG made up some new ones for around 125 but sold out quick. He may have made another run.
larryj

They not only need a bolt but:
Ejector and bolt
Bolt Stop and assoc. parts
Receiver piece and receiver spring

You might also google "Gene Davis" he builds custom 40x's and might have all the parts that you need. You might also post this over at Benchrest.com under the rimfire section and get some help as the 40x is used alot to make the custom benchrest 22 guns
larryj

Doh! when i found out it was JUST a barreled receiver, I passed.

For me, the price was a bit high for just for a barreled receiver. If I remember correct the completed rifle was only about $50-$100 more.

i wondered how people were going to find the parts for these unless M700 parts will work, but even then, the total will be pretty high?

I just saw in another thread that PTG is considering another run of bolts at around $200 a pop. FWIW

Since it is a 40x would the receiver be trued already? I wish I had bought a complete rifle. I would have but was not a member of a club. Then later I remembered I had a family member that is a retired federal employe. But before I asked if they would be able to purchase the rifle they were gone. I am still not sure if they will accept that but now only barreled receivers are left. Does any body know what a brand new one from Remington cost? I am still tossing around just buying new, action I think from stiller,Or a barreled receiver. Just need to figure out if buying a new one would save money in the long run

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dlc356</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This guy is selling a 40X on GB and said he has an extra bolt that will be for sale after the auction ends.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=149562660

"I also will be selling an extra complete bolt for this gun for $175.00,AFTER the gun sells............." </div></div>

wonder how many emails that guy has gotten from folks trying to claim "dibs"

OK. Last questions. Has anybody got theres yet? Has anybody gone to the store and seen them in person? Last I guess the barrels are in used shape? Would I be better off buying a non heavy barrel Due to It might need a new barrel anyway?

Its the luck of the draw as far as condition. They are supposed to be in good shape but will vary. Its very hard, if not impossible, shoot out a .22 barrel but since many of these came from youth shooting programs there is the possibility of one that was improperly cleaned or neglected. I'm going to wait until mine show up to see what I need to change.